Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can you believe this ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2006 | 12:42 AM
GFunk
|
Banned
Default Can you believe this ?

I know this is off topic ..but i just had to share this. I mean it seems this year is the year of problems and sorry workmanship.
About 15 months ago i went into Bestbuy.com and bought a $380.00 I-Pod. I even bought a three year extended warranty. So i go home and download some songs to listen to while i ride my bike. I really enjoyed the music and listened to it for a year without downloading any more songs. Well i go to put some more songs in and it wouldnt. Take it to the store. they say its my fault and i go home and uninstall I tunes and reinstall. Dont work. Go back. they say its the plug so i buy a new one. Go home . it dont download. Go back. they try to download and it will only take 8 or 10 songs at a time. the guy says it works. Now remember all thes GEEKS at the GEEK squad are around 18 to 22. Im 47. I tell the moron that the I-Pod will hold 2G's of music at one time. He swares its me. I go back home and give it to my son and he tries. Said it was tost and all the kids at school that had that model had the same problem. We go back. We call for the manager. He says to send it to service. It will take about two weeks. we said ok. Three weeks later we call them. They said they forgot to call. We go down there. the guy tells us that that i-pod is the worst i-pod they have ever sold and a lot of people come in there with the same problem. We take it home. It still didnt work. We go back. they say they will send it back off again. It comes back. For the second time the company says its ok. This new guy tells us theres no way to service the i-pod. You cant get into it and the company just test it and see if it will work. So we look at him funny and ask. ...SO WHY DONT YOU JUST GIVE US A NEW I-POD THEN ? He says you have to send it back 5 times before the store will give you another I-pod. Im like WHAT ? I SWARE EVERY BIT OF THIS IS TRUE. So i look at the guy and say...if you cant open the i-pod and fix it and they wont replace it till you send it to the company five times , this is nothing more than a way to get the customer to just say FORGETABOUT IT anD buy another....RIGHT ? But we went ahead and sent it in again. Well today we went and picked it up and took it home and pluged it in and IT WOULDNT WORK AGAIN. So we go to the store and ask for the manager. The kid said the manager was buisy with a customer and it would be a while..i said we would wait. We waited and waited. We watched the people behind the stand talk and play and throw keys around and laugh for 20 min. NOW heres the part that really pissed us off. The MANAGER was part of the kids that were throwing keys around and talking and walking in back and just taking his time. Finely he walks up to me and with a smile ...says can i help you. I looked at him and said. werent you told we needed to talk to you. He said yes but i was buisy... ????????
He thought it was funny. I looked at him and said i have been here over 8 times now for this broke i-pod and .......he stopped me in mid sentence and said...LOOK either take it home or send it back to be looked at. I said it has already been sent off over and over. He says and i quote...not 5 times. the lemon law for Florida says you have to send it back 5 times to get a refund or a new i-pod. I looked at him and ask for the REAL manager. He said he was it. I told him to hang on to the i-pod and we would be talking to the OTHER manager in the morning. He freaked out. He ask WHY ? I walked over to another employee and ask for the general manager and he gave me his name and said he would be in at 9AM. I said thank you and walked out of the store with the other manager following us trying to give the i-pod back. i told him to keep it that we would be back in the morning. THIS GUY TAKES THE I-POD AND TOSSES IT OUT THE DOOR AND SAID THERE YOU GO. THE SECURITY AT THE DOOR SEES IT AND WHAT HAPPEN AND LOOKED AT ME. I ASK HIS NAME AND HE WAS GLAD TO GIVE IT TO ME. Guess where i will be at 9 AM in the morning ?
Can yo

Old 11-29-2006 | 12:49 AM
Matt8643
Road Captain
Default RE: Can you believe this ?

That's crazy! I would be doing the same PLUS i would draft a letter to the corporate HQ and bring a copy with me to the store to show them what is being sent to HQ.

Old 11-29-2006 | 01:09 AM
Taterdog
Outstanding HDF Member

Man, that's a ripoff if ever there was one. Trouble is Apple is just as much at fault for selling this garbage iPod that can't be serviced. You're right -- where's our country headed?

[sm=headbang.gif]

Old 11-29-2006 | 01:18 AM
GFunk
|
Banned

Im going to talk to the REAL manager tomarrow and see what he does. I will report back what happen. i did find bestbuys corporate number and address. I think its only fair to give this store manager a chance first but i want to see this guy loose his job bigtime. OH ! i didnt tell you that while we were talking to the manager he took a personal call on his call phone and made us wait longer. I forgot about that and my wife reminded me after reading my post.

Old 11-29-2006 | 01:20 AM
TwoBaggerz
Cruiser

Not usually violent, but I would have been outside when he got off work and knocked the S**t outta him!

Old 11-29-2006 | 01:21 AM
chiabate
Elite HDF Member

At least that manager spoke english. Ever try screaming at Sanjay about not wanting cream and sugar? It's like an idiot child! You're damn right about lack of customer service everywhere.

Old 11-29-2006 | 01:44 AM
zenwee
Cruiser

Wow!! And to think You bought a three year extended warranty??? This tells me not to consider the extra money!
The warranty isn't worth squat! Maybe just stay away from Best Buy all together.

Old 11-29-2006 | 01:49 AM
Mountainkowboy
Grand HDF Member

Best Buy is the worst place to buy electronics. The sales people know nothing, the managers are idiots, and they dont know what customer service is.

Old 11-29-2006 | 02:25 AM
SeaHag
Road Master

ORIGINAL: Mountainkowboy

Best Buy is the worst place to buy electronics. The sales people know nothing, the managers are idiots, and they dont know what customer service is.

I would agree. I always do lots of research online before I buy any new electronics. Then if Best Buy was carrying the same item, I'd give my local branch the chance to match the price including the shipping and handling fees I'd have to pay if I ordered it...then I'd give them a little extra room to match the price just because I wouldn't have to wait. Then NEVER even tried to match...completely unwilling to budge on their prices.........WHICH BY NO MEANS ARE ANY KIND OF BEST BUY!!

And like mtncowboy said, if you go in and ask them for any technical details other than the price, they look at you like some dumbas$ cattle.[:@] The last time, I just had them open a box up so I could look at the technical specifications in the owners manual.

Old 11-29-2006 | 09:26 AM
Sleeps In Trees
Road Master

Hmmm...sounds a LOT like the HD dealerships around here! Hope you get it straightened out.

VicW.

Quick Reply: Can you believe this ?