Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can you believe this ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2006 | 09:53 AM
JeffSG
Road Warrior
Default RE: Can you believe this ?

interesting that you would post this problem today as i was just reading the other day that all ipods are made in chinese sweatshops...i for one would gladly pay a little extra for something made in america, however, that is coming harder and harder to find...

ride safe,

Old 11-29-2006 | 10:52 AM
swomack
Road Master

Here's what you can do with it!

http://www.break.com/index/pregwait.html

Old 11-29-2006 | 11:21 AM
Cowracer
Tourer

My son wants an Ipod for christmas. What model is it that has all the problems? I want to make sure to avoid than one.

Thanks!
Tim

Old 11-29-2006 | 01:09 PM
cwilks
Banned

Why don't you go to a Apple Store and have them check it out? Most of the time they'll do it for no charge, I know they've done it for me. Oh yeah, stay out of Best Buy

Old 11-29-2006 | 02:15 PM
04RoadKing
Outstanding HDF Member

Best Buy sucks!!!!!
I had pretty much the same problem with a home stereo receiver several years ago. They told me it had to be sent off 3 times before they would replace it. The first time it was sent off, Best Buy called me three weeks later and said it was ready to pickup. I get down their and asked the guy at the counter what was wrong with the unit, their was a note attched that said NO PROBLEM FOUND.
I told him noway, it needs to be sent back to someone that knows what they are doing. He ends up telling me to take it home and just try it and see if it works. I said NO send it back and have it fixed. After arguing with this guy about it, he finaly sent it back. 2-3 weeks later I get a call from Best Buy saying it was fixed and ready to pickup. I get down their and find out that the A channel was blown and they had to repair it. I said OK great but why couln't they of fixed it the first time? As the Geek is trying to come up with some kind of answer I pulled off the packaging and noticed the front of the unit had scratches and dents all over it. I came un glued on the geek, he ended up getting his manager and after arguing with him all they could do was give me $25.00 store credit.
Over the next year and a half the unit was in the shop for two other problems. So I tried to get them to replace the unit sence it was in the shop for the forth time and I had the extended warranty. The manager told me it didn't meet the store's policy because the first time didn't count because they didn't find anything wrong and the other three times it was in the shop it was for two different problems. He said it has to be sent out and repaird three different times and then on the forth time it get's replaced.
It ended up crapping out again 1 month after the warranty was up. I even try'd to go in and talk to the General Mgr. and tell him that I wasn't happy with the way I was treated and I felt Best Buy should replace the unit that craped out on me for the forth time one month after the warranty was up. He told me sorry I can't do anything for you. The three years I owned the unit it was in the shop 4 different times for at least 2 weeks per time. We are talking 2-3 months with- out have it at home. MAN BEST BUY SUCKS.

Sorry people I just had to vent.

Old 11-29-2006 | 02:49 PM
GTK
Ultimate HDF Member

Sure hope you never have a problem with your bike[X(]

Old 11-29-2006 | 04:47 PM
bs2100
Cruiser

I have an ipod and it's been great for me so far, but if I get another mp3 player I'll be looking into some other kinds. Itunes is just flat out retarded. I put all my cds onto my ipod with my laptop, but if I'm on my main pc and I want to listen to my ipod then tough, I have to move all my cds onto the pc. I can plug in my ipod to my pc and I can see all the songs, but I can't listen to them.

Old 11-29-2006 | 05:01 PM
AK_Hog_Herder
Outstanding HDF Member

Let me guess the so called warranty you purchased was from some third party and not AppleCare, correct?

iPods carry a standard one year warranty from Apple that can be extended by purchasing AppleCare from either Apple or an Authorized Apple Reseller.

Anything less and you are unfortunately only fooling yourself.

Under the original or extended warranty with Apple and only Apple, you can mail the unit in and it will be exchanged for either a new or refurbished unit. You will lose the contents of the iPod so be sure to back it up before you send it in.

Now I suggest you go the Apple support web site. On the main support page you should see a link to what to do with your iPod if it has issues. There are five steps that Apple calls the five "Rs". Maybe one of them will resurrect your unit for you.

Also make sure your iPod has the latest firmware / software you can run with the version of iTunes you have installed.

As for Best Buy, let the GM know what the kiddies are doing, follow the terms of the warranty you purchased from them, vow never ever to buy any kind of "extended" warranty unless it comes from the manufacturer of the device.

Old 11-29-2006 | 06:19 PM
turtleman57
Road Captain

In another day and time you could have tied the little sob to a wagon wheel and built a small fire under his head, maybe that would have enlighted his day, darm I miss the good old days. Been through this several times before, write down everything that happens along with the time, take a camera, they really hate that, don't give up, you the customer are always right, now where did I put that flint and steel, lol.

Old 11-29-2006 | 06:40 PM
392heminut
Road Captain

I bought a 36" TV from Best Buy a few years ago at a reduced price because they didn't have the remote control and manual for it. At the time of purchase I also bought an extended warranty. About a year and a half later the picture went away, just had sound. I called the store and they said they would send a repairman to the house. After several days of no repairman I called them back and the idiot at the store checked the computer or something and said it had been determined that the TV would be cheaper to replace than repair, and to bring it to the store. I loaded the thing up and drove 60 miles to the store. After I get there they tell me they don't have any more of the model I purchased, and they will refund my purchase price, which as I stated was reduced when I bought the TV, and was not enough to buy another 36" set. I asked them to replace the TV with another one they had there which was priced the same as the regular price of my set and they refused. I then told them "Fine, keep mine and get it fixed under the warranty I paid for." The manager basically told me to pound sand, they weren't going to repair it. I then told him that I would never darken the doorway of a Best Buy again, and would do my best to convince all my friends and family members to boycott their sorry asses too! I then loaded the TV up and left, and have never set foot in a Best Buy since then.

Quick Reply: Can you believe this ?