Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Draggin' Baggers DAMAGE photo!

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2006, 10:26 PM
bountyhunter
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Draggin' Baggers DAMAGE photo!

Here is a photo taken today of my latest DB issue....damage to the inner rear fender wiring harness. The protective sheathing has been worn completely through, clearly exposing the wiring. This was caused by tire contact while riding fully slammed. Without a doubt, serious safety concerns have arisen with this system. The shocks simply have too much travel and are entirely WRONG for the application on our baggers. Too much extension causing the shock bolts to contact the exhaust on hard rebound, and too much compression allowing tire contact with the wiring harness. Compound this with poor quality control/faulty components...leaking shocks and fittings. A few dollars wasted, a lesson learned. Just want to let you know Tony, those of us that did purchase your system in good faith, deserve better! I'd still like ta think you could somehow make it right.

What actually should be the heart of the system...the shocks...has turned out to be the weakest link and that does suck...buyers beware! Sometimes ya get what ya pay for, even more...and then there are times when ya get far less.

Old 11-28-2006, 11:00 PM
Biggzed
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 323 Likes on 199 Posts
Default RE: Draggin' Baggers DAMAGE photo!

Thanks for the pics and (as always) brutally honest assesment of your issue. I am putting an 18 on the back of the new bike when it arrives, so you really have me wondering with this latest issue. Might pitch the shocks, keep the compressor and valve and go for the Bike Buddy shocks.

Old 11-28-2006, 11:04 PM
JBBOOKS
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Was it ever designed to be safely ridden completely deflated?

Sounds counter-intuitive to me that anyone would deflate their shocks and then ride on them.

I guess now we know why it's called "slammed". That's the sound of your tire ramming into your fender.

Old 11-28-2006, 11:07 PM
bountyhunter
Banned

We were initially told that it could be ridden safely, fully slammed, with no risk of damage!

Old 11-28-2006, 11:13 PM
Bryan TTM
Banned
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

hmmm....on my progressive airtail the directions say to not ride it slammed cause air needs to be in the bladder or it could be damaged...better look at mine altho i never ride it slammed cause its too rough....i bought my system bc i figured the air ride would be about the same and the addition of the on-board comp would be a nice add-on...maybe a look at Progressive or WerksPerformance shocks would be a better option, the ones with air...maybe no air at all....i cant deny the problems we've all experienced, mine hasnt acted goofy yet

Old 11-28-2006, 11:17 PM
2006streetglide
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think everyone has to commend BH for his honesty. BH was on the forefront of this setup when others were reluctant to go where no others would. It is people like BH that save people like me and others from headaches and wasted hard earned $$$$.

I hope for your sake you get the issue resolved and you are compensated rightfully.

Old 11-28-2006, 11:55 PM
bountyhunter
Banned

Hey Jeff, that's some real wishfull thinkin'....I fully expect NO resolution, compensation or response from Tony...that just about says it all!

Old 11-29-2006, 12:03 AM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey BH, perhaps you can sell your kit on ebay.
[&:]
Good luck!

As I often say..... better safe than stupid!

Old 11-29-2006, 12:12 AM
roseroid
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow!!!! Sorry to hear about all your trouble BOUNTY, and all the rest of you also. That really sucks!! My pricey LEGEND SYSTEM that some of you guys took shots at me for are really look'in good today, EH?! HOPE you can somehow get some resolution from these people. BEST WISHES roid

Old 11-29-2006, 01:21 AM
Pelonz
Stellar HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm so glad I stayed on the beach for once, this water is really polluted

Quick Reply: Draggin' Baggers DAMAGE photo!