Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Draggin' Baggers DAMAGE photo!

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2006, 05:22 PM
gunrunner
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Draggin' Baggers DAMAGE photo!

If Tony put in writting that this system could be ridden safely with no air, then threaten him with a class action lawsuit of unsatisfied buyers if he doesnt refund your money and pay for repairs to the wiring and could be fenders and tires too if rubbed too long. I think I would check his posts and copy them all before he edits or deletes them.

Old 11-29-2006, 06:49 PM
ones
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where is TONY?

Old 11-29-2006, 07:04 PM
Inforit
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Tony is probably somewhere warm and counting his profits from this system. A small business like this with no R&D you are bound to get into trouble especially on a system that is not meant to be on the bike in the first place.

Old 11-29-2006, 07:06 PM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,853 Likes on 1,601 Posts

If there is anyone to blame its YOU!!! I mean you told and nagged everyone into buying it. Now it turns out it's **** and your at the fore front again, but this time on how much it sucks! I don't want to ride the BH roller coaster no more!! I mean what are we going to do with you if our T-Rexs fail and fall off or our PCIII's blow out our ECMs? I think we'll all just hunt you down and give you a red-belly.

Just kidding Bounty. Glad you're letting us know......

lp

ORIGINAL: bountyhunter

Here is a photo taken today of my latest DB issue....damage to the inner rear fender wiring harness. The protective sheathing has been worn completely through, clearly exposing the wiring. This was caused by tire contact while riding fully slammed. Without a doubt, serious safety concerns have arisen with this system. The shocks simply have too much travel and are entirely WRONG for the application on our baggers. Too much extension causing the shock bolts to contact the exhaust on hard rebound, and too much compression allowing tire contact with the wiring harness. Compound this with poor quality control/faulty components...leaking shocks and fittings. A few dollars wasted, a lesson learned. Just want to let you know Tony, those of us that did purchase your system in good faith, deserve better! I'd still like ta think you could somehow make it right, but I honestly don't think ya can...or will.

What actually should be the heart of the system...the shocks...has turned out to be the weakest link and that does suck...buyers beware! Sometimes ya get what ya pay for, even more...and then there are times when ya get far less.

Old 11-29-2006, 07:21 PM
gunrunner
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Yea you canadians are tough! Don't need no stinkin tailights, we be slammed and jammin[sm=joke.gif]

Old 11-30-2006, 05:23 PM
bdjhog
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: cwilks

Looks like the same damage you would have if you ran an oversized tire. What size tire do you run BH?
If I'm not mistaken some people were also having this trouble with some of the R.U.B. lowering kits. I'm curious what their solution to this issue was/is.

Old 11-30-2006, 09:04 PM
jeepster09
Grand HDF Member
Received 7,792 Likes on 1,271 Posts

I sure like my Progressive Suspension! Rides like a dream!

[IMG]local://upfiles/1346/BE63B85B0557497397567E017C4F3308.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-30-2006, 09:16 PM
AK_Hog_Herder
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I think we'll all just hunt you down and give you a red-belly

I'm in for that.

If we can all, and I do mean all, put aside the hysteria for a while and look at this objectively what we have is a poorly engineered system.

The largest issue is that the main component that keeps your butt on the road (the shocks) can cause damage to your bike.

So I see only two choices here. Either dragginbaggers replaces the shocks with proper units free of charge or they completely refund a customer who returns the complete kit.

I don't see any third option. And that includes a marriage of the DB kit with another manufacturers air shock without the approval of DB.

This whole scenario sux, but I've been there before with computer systems. Being on the bleeding edge of technology can be painful.

Now is DB going to be a standup company and admit the issue and fix it? I don't know, but I hope so. I'm not afraid of much, but I would need to be terminally stupid to perpetrate fraud with the members of this site.

Old 11-30-2006, 10:52 PM
jaydee
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: SeaHag

I'm kinda surprised by the level of backlash. I thought it was common sense that with the travel being able to go as low as 3" below stock that you could NOT ride with it fully slammed. I mean none of the lowering kits go 3" people...there just isn't that much travel. If someone is telling you they safely ride fully slammed, they are obviously lying or are such a flyweight 'girlyman' that they hardly need suspension.

Thats certainly not the reason I've been interested in it anyway...I want to be able to adjust air pressure on the fly for changing road/load conditions. I'll be completely happy if it will ride 1" below stock where I currently sit with my TJ's lowering kit. I also like the thought that when I want to go corner carving, I can raise the rear of the bike for more agressive geometry and ground clearance.
FYI....I have the Legend system on my 03 RK and from fully extended to fully deflated, there is a 3+ inch drop. I HAVE rode fully dropped in town on smooth pavement many times...no damage, if I hit a bump, it goes through my 200lb body. They have improved the stock ride on regular riding situations. I strongly recommend them...and remember, ya get what ya pay for.
JD

Old 11-30-2006, 11:18 PM
ones
Advanced

Just for Tony.

Quick Reply: Draggin' Baggers DAMAGE photo!