Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Draggin' Baggers DAMAGE photo!

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2006, 02:21 AM
jpnelson1978
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Draggin' Baggers DAMAGE photo!

my only thought is everybody kept saying i needed to "get slammed" but nobody had actually used or tried the system, so i wanted to wait to get feedback. and thats what im getting now. a nightmare!! seems like alot of people here were advertising the system that had not even tried it yet. sometimes we need to hold are breath before we get to praising something that doesnt even have feedback. this system has waisted several peoples hard earned dollars because they listen to a forum member say "its awesome if your slammed"... i feel really bad for those of you who went out on a limb to buy this system, and wish you the best of luck getting your money back. tony seemed to lead you guys on to something and not back it up. i would be personally looking for him now if i where in your guys shoes, and fight it till you get the dough back. that just sucks. oh well life goes on. there are worse problems in the world. good luck anyway and best to all.

Old 11-29-2006, 02:36 AM
SeaHag
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm kinda surprised by the level of backlash. I thought it was common sense that with the travel being able to go as low as 3" below stock that you could NOT ride with it fully slammed. I mean none of the lowering kits go 3" people...there just isn't that much travel. If someone is telling you they safely ride fully slammed, they are obviously lying or are such a flyweight 'girlyman' that they hardly need suspension.

Thats certainly not the reason I've been interested in it anyway...I want to be able to adjust air pressure on the fly for changing road/load conditions. I'll be completely happy if it will ride 1" below stock where I currently sit with my TJ's lowering kit. I also like the thought that when I want to go corner carving, I can raise the rear of the bike for more agressive geometry and ground clearance.

Old 11-29-2006, 02:37 AM
Domestic Violence
Stellar HDF Member
Received 78 Likes on 30 Posts

damn- this "system" looks like it blows donkey *****

Old 11-29-2006, 07:15 AM
lowleveldriver
Tourer

Hey BH what was indication that something was wrong? What made check those wires?

Old 11-29-2006, 08:13 AM
DI75
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not only can you not ride with it fully slammed but mine must be jacked up above stock in order to not bottom out!!! I shorted out 1 wiring harnes riding slammed and the other while jacked up pnly 1 1/2". the system is dangerous to say the least. Like BH, I don't expect any resolution. A lesson learned. JUST DONT BY THE SYSTEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT IS JUNK,PERIOD. NO room for argument!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-29-2006, 08:14 AM
DI75
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My first indication is when my turn signal lights and brake lights started acting up!

Old 11-29-2006, 02:47 PM
bountyhunter
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

safety recall bump!

Old 11-29-2006, 05:09 PM
AK_Hog_Herder
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Needs a bump and maybe made sticky for a while.

Old 11-29-2006, 05:18 PM
cwilks
Banned

Looks like the same damage you would have if you ran an oversized tire. What size tire do you run BH?

Old 11-29-2006, 05:21 PM
rpt63
Tourer

I am also a DB owner, kept the factory shocks thank goodness, I wonder if the proper designed shock for our scoots would solve most of the saftey issues,if so I would be willing to buy some more shocks. Just a thought.

Quick Reply: Draggin' Baggers DAMAGE photo!