Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stop and Go Tire Repair Kit

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2011, 07:37 AM
Terrabella
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Stop and Go Tire Repair Kit

Has anyone used the Stop and Go Kit and if so, how far and fast did you travel after making the repair. The instructions say not to go faster then 50 mph or over 100 miles before getting the damaged tire replaced.

Thanks

Attached Thumbnails Stop and Go Tire Repair Kit-stop-and-go-kit.jpg  
Old 10-26-2011, 09:15 AM
aviscomi
Grand HDF Member
Received 424 Likes on 255 Posts

I carry 1 of these kits in both my bikes and had to use it once on my Nightrain rear tire. I rode over 3k on the tire with the plug @ speeds of 90+ with no issues.

Old 10-26-2011, 09:46 AM
TUCCI
Extreme HDF Member
Received 219 Likes on 167 Posts

I've run plugged tires around for quit awhile depending where the plug is on the tire. If its between the tread you can go indef. They are telling you to have the tire replaced for liability reasons, many plug and ride till the tire is done. I know a mechanic who tells me when people bring plugged tires to replace they fight over who gets the tire in the back of the shop...then they re-sell em to friends. Those plugs are much more advanced than the grease plug so if I ever needed to use those plugs I wouldn't think twice going for a long time. Unless ofcourse the plug is right on the tread.

Old 10-26-2011, 09:57 AM
Terrabella
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

aviscomi
Thanks for the prompt reply. Amazing story. I kinda have a overkill setup. I installed Ride-On sealant in both front and rear tires ( http://www.ride-on.com/) so one or the other should work to seal a puncher.

Old 10-26-2011, 10:37 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,866 Likes on 2,429 Posts

Originally Posted by Terrabella
aviscomi
Thanks for the prompt reply. Amazing story. I kinda have a overkill setup. I installed Ride-On sealant in both front and rear tires ( http://www.ride-on.com/) so one or the other should work to seal a puncher.
I would agree, but I got caught out in France, earlier this year. A puncture resulted in the tyre coming off the rim by the time we stopped and unfortunately there is no road-side fix for that.

Old 10-26-2011, 11:59 AM
sargek
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've got that kit along with a Slime compressor - good to hear the kit works well if I have to use it!

Old 10-26-2011, 01:00 PM
mtclassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

I have one and would recommend anyone that has one practice with it on an old tire before actually having to need it out on a dark rainy night. They work very well. I personally would not ride 90 on a plugged tire.

Old 10-26-2011, 01:46 PM
HDJIM1158
Road Warrior
Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

I have both kits, the old one with the gun and the new smaller one. Have used it twice, once on a friends Goldwing and a car tire. Both worked well until the tire could be repaired correctly. BTW the guy who fixed them said no damage was cause by the plug. I carry both the small CO2 cart. and a slime compressor... As luck would have it, both repairs were done at my home, so I used the home compressor. I don't know how well the repair would have gone if I was using the CO2 or little pump.

Be Safe JIM

Old 10-26-2011, 02:22 PM
sargek
Road Warrior

Now that I think about it, I have the one with the gun. I can see the need for practicing because when you need it is probably not the best time to sit on the side of the road and figure it out...

Is the gun kit relatively easy to use?

Old 10-26-2011, 02:23 PM
sargek
Road Warrior

Now that I think about it, I have the one with the gun. I can see the need for practicing because when you need it is probably not the best time to sit on the side of the road and figure it out...

Is the gun kit relatively easy to use?

Quick Reply: Stop and Go Tire Repair Kit