Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Premium Ride Double Cartridge Fork Kit vs Ricor Intiminators

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2011, 06:11 PM
RoadKingKamchi
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Premium Ride Double Cartridge Fork Kit vs Ricor Intiminators

I am thinking about next spring's upgrades as I prepare to put my girl away for the winter next month, and I was wondering if anyone has any experience with the new Premium Ride Double Cartridge Fork Kit. I have seen great things said about the Ricor Intiminators, and was hoping for some 1st hand accounts.

I was considering getting Ohlin shocks, but I get so much Chrome Cash through my business purchases that I will buy the Premium Ride Hand-Adjustable Rear Shocks (that is a big savings, and installation is covered as well), and since their fork kit is designed to match, I was considering that too - my thinking is to stick with a matched product that carries the factory / dealership warrantee.

Any / all feedback is greatly appreciated - I would spend the $$ on the Intiminators if it truly was worth it. Thanks!

Old 10-26-2011, 10:54 AM
RoadKingKamchi
Tourer

Any / All Information would be greatly appreciated - bump to the top

Old 10-26-2011, 12:30 PM
rg_dave
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

I am happy with the intiminators. I used them when I lowered my front end 1". I also used the progressive drop in lowering kit. Pretty different variables than what you have so this probably isn't all that helpful. I would say that the intiminators do what I want them to do, eliminate brake dive and bottoming.

Old 10-26-2011, 02:35 PM
RoadKingKamchi
Tourer

Thank you very much ... as said, any / all help is appreciated, and it definitely leans me towards using my chrome cash and getting the HD equipment unless someone let's me know that the intiminators are mind blowing and / or the HD fork upgrade is *****....

Originally Posted by SG_Dave
I am happy with the intiminators. I used them when I lowered my front end 1". I also used the progressive drop in lowering kit. Pretty different variables than what you have so this probably isn't all that helpful. I would say that the intiminators do what I want them to do, eliminate brake dive and bottoming.

Old 10-26-2011, 05:47 PM
$tonecold
Club Member
Received 1,847 Likes on 995 Posts

I've got the 13" premium ride shocks on my '09 RG. They ride better than the stock shock, but they are stiff. I'm going to install the premium ride dual cartridge fork kit, I've bought it just haven't done it yet. I let you know if the forks help the shocks when I've installed them. The tourpak may help with the ride quality. The instructions allow about 50 lbs for it.

Old 10-26-2011, 05:52 PM
Indianspringsaz
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Old 10-26-2011, 06:36 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Indianspringsaz
I have the lowered Progressive monotubes on my 2009 Street Glide and they feel great!

Shawn

Old 10-27-2011, 04:49 PM
RoadKingKamchi
Tourer

That is awesome, thank you! I can get these with my chrome cash at the dealership, get my VIP discount of 15%, and save some cash to put towards some other stuff... and this is why I asked...

Originally Posted by Indianspringsaz

Old 10-28-2011, 10:51 AM
TexasBowhunter
Road Warrior
Received 27 Likes on 10 Posts

You know there are allot of folks running the intimidators with good results
there are allot of folks running the progressive mono tubes due to the cost and are experiencing good results lately...Allot of folks were getting some unsettling knocks and noises from the progressives...

The cartriage system was used in the earlier baggers like 04-05 and alot of folks removed the cartriage system from there front ends in favor of the conventional springs...Personally knowing now after doing allot of hopefully some gathering of knowledge I think I would have opted to go the other direction and keep the cartriage and sale the conventional springs or traded them for the other cartriage and had 2 in the front end...
For me it would seem the cartriage system is superior over the conventional system...
There is Traxxion Dynamics out there that offers a cartriage system and is far superior when set up correctly the the systems out there that progressive and Ricor has to offer...I'm running the ricor product now...

Ricor is a Great product and Brian is very knowledgeable
With this said I personally will be going with the traxxion AK20's in the future over the other store bought mass produced genaric front ends and go with the Ohlins rear shocks Howard at Motorcycle metals builds for me in the future as well...The reason is I don't have the desire to put a one size fits all suspension on my bike since there are so many variables such as riding style, weight, weight of passenger, saddle bags loaded...I feel for the few dollars more I would be happier with a custom product over the others product...

Now with all this said You would surely be better off running the premium cartriage system over the a fore mentioned simply due to the fact that the cartriage system is a better system to go with over a damping devise...

I kinda feel since the premiums are so new that there are not allot of folks out there that has them, so the jury would still be out on just how the system feels and performs...
I dont believe you could go wrong with the premium system...

Old 10-28-2011, 11:48 AM
Indianspringsaz
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TexasBowhunter
You know there are allot of folks running the intimidators with good results
there are allot of folks running the progressive mono tubes due to the cost and are experiencing good results lately...Allot of folks were getting some unsettling knocks and noises from the progressives...

The cartriage system was used in the earlier baggers like 04-05 and alot of folks removed the cartriage system from there front ends in favor of the conventional springs...Personally knowing now after doing allot of hopefully some gathering of knowledge I think I would have opted to go the other direction and keep the cartriage and sale the conventional springs or traded them for the other cartriage and had 2 in the front end...
For me it would seem the cartriage system is superior over the conventional system...
There is Traxxion Dynamics out there that offers a cartriage system and is far superior when set up correctly the the systems out there that progressive and Ricor has to offer...I'm running the ricor product now...

Ricor is a Great product and Brian is very knowledgeable
With this said I personally will be going with the traxxion AK20's in the future over the other store bought mass produced genaric front ends and go with the Ohlins rear shocks Howard at Motorcycle metals builds for me in the future as well...The reason is I don't have the desire to put a one size fits all suspension on my bike since there are so many variables such as riding style, weight, weight of passenger, saddle bags loaded...I feel for the few dollars more I would be happier with a custom product over the others product...

Now with all this said You would surely be better off running the premium cartriage system over the a fore mentioned simply due to the fact that the cartriage system is a better system to go with over a damping devise...

I kinda feel since the premiums are so new that there are not allot of folks out there that has them, so the jury would still be out on just how the system feels and performs...
I dont believe you could go wrong with the premium system...
Would you list some more info on these "unsettling knocks and noises from the progressives..."
I havent had any issue with them. I also havent seen any complaints, so post them up .

Quick Reply: Premium Ride Double Cartridge Fork Kit vs Ricor Intiminators