Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

21" front what are you guys running?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2011, 09:39 AM
Dirt-Kid
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have an 09. Street glide,considered using the flhx trike triple trees with a 21 inch wheel to compensate. Any thoughts on that?

Old 10-27-2011, 10:22 AM
Twigg
Cruiser

I would drop the front 1" with progressive springs and run PJ1 20w fork oil. Done a bunch of them and it always works. No mater what your going to feel more of the road due to the lower tire profile.
As far as running a 23" or 26", raked frame, raked trees are a must to end up with the proper trail so the bike will still handle well. I like the way mine handles with the 23" on it much better than stock.

Old 10-27-2011, 10:25 AM
Twigg
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Dirt-Kid
I have an 09. Street glide,considered using the flhx trike triple trees with a 21 inch wheel to compensate. Any thoughts on that?
Not sure what the rake on those trees are I'm thinking like 3deg. Without doing some measuring to set the trail properly I'm thinking you'll end up a little heavy steering with that set-up.

Old 10-27-2011, 12:07 PM
Fire-Medic
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TNT Custom Cycles
I would drop the front 1" with progressive springs and run PJ1 20w fork oil. Done a bunch of them and it always works. No mater what your going to feel more of the road due to the lower tire profile.
I will try raising the front an inch and see how it goes. Will also change the fork oil. I have a background with cars that have been lowered, I know the ride will not be exactly the same, but the bike shouldn't be all over the place on the highway, if the 1" drop doesn't solve it I will put it all back to stock and sell the wheels/rotors.

Thanks for your help.

Old 10-27-2011, 12:42 PM
Dirt-Kid
Advanced

Appreciate it TNT , was just curious,having the frame work done this winter for 26".......was just throwing ideas out there...

Old 10-27-2011, 04:42 PM
Twigg
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Fire-Medic
I will try raising the front an inch and see how it goes. Will also change the fork oil. I have a background with cars that have been lowered, I know the ride will not be exactly the same, but the bike shouldn't be all over the place on the highway, if the 1" drop doesn't solve it I will put it all back to stock and sell the wheels/rotors.

Thanks for your help.
Definatly shouldn't handle bad.You may wanna check and make sure everything is lined up properly, tire(condition, pressure, properly mounted) as well. Let us know..

Old 10-27-2011, 04:45 PM
Twigg
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Dirt-Kid
Appreciate it TNT , was just curious,having the frame work done this winter for 26".......was just throwing ideas out there...
Anytime....don't forget a raked fairing as well as frame and trees.

Old 10-27-2011, 04:55 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

I am running a Performance Machine 21" x 3.5" Luxe wheel in chrome on my 2009 Street Glide along with a list of other things around it.

Shawn

Old 10-27-2011, 05:11 PM
Fire-Medic
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DR. V-TWIN
I am running a Performance Machine 21" x 3.5" Luxe wheel in chrome on my 2009 Street Glide along with a list of other things around it.

Shawn

Did you lower the bike to compensate? If so how much?

Old 10-27-2011, 05:36 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Fire-Medic
Did you lower the bike to compensate? If so how much?
Yes, I did. I went with Progressive Monotube front fork cartridge lowering kit which lowered my bike 1.5" in total height.

Shawn

Quick Reply: 21" front what are you guys running?