Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Electrical wiring question

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2011, 02:30 PM
johnnyocc
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electrical wiring question

Hi all, When I purchased my 2004 Roadking the previous owner stripped all the signal lights off. I found the harness for the rear signal lights behind the left side rear panel and was wondering if I could coonect both rear and front signals in parallel at that harnes without having to go through the issue of locating the front harness which I believe is located in the headlamp assembly.. Also I have determined which wire is for left and right side blinkers and the common ground. There is also a lead that has constant power, should the signal lights also be used as running lights? (Amber) I already have 2 red running lights that also double as brake lights. I believe..(correct me if wrong) that amber signal lights in rear should not be used as running lights. Can I still use the front as running and signal lights? and if yes how would I enable running lights? the lights are 2 wire double filament bulb lights? thanks and sorry for being long winded just wanted to include as much info as possible.

Old 10-25-2011, 02:59 PM
johnnyocc
Intermediate

OK, think I came up with my own answer...I hope. I disconect the ground lead to the signal light abd hook that lead to the constant feed wire, which will give me the running light on one of 2 filaments and the second lead from the light goes to the flashing wire at the harness. Ground then will be facilitated through the connection of the light to the chassis of the bike. Does this make sense? thanks

Old 10-25-2011, 05:27 PM
johnnyocc
Intermediate

Got it done working fine, thanks for at least reading..Ride Safe.

Old 10-25-2011, 06:03 PM
steelerdude1
Grand HDF Member
Received 286 Likes on 217 Posts

Glad you got it working.