Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CRUISE CONTROL FOR POLICE ELECTRA GLIDE

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2006, 04:38 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts
Default CRUISE CONTROL FOR POLICE ELECTRA GLIDE

If you have an FLHTPI (police model Electra Glide) and want to add cruise control, you can do it now. Cruisemount has been offering wiring harnesses to allow softail owners to install Harley cruise control units.

A series of coincidences (the biggest being that Dave, the owner, was visiting the metro Atlanta area over the Thanksgiving holidays (he lives in Kansas) caused him to create a wiring harness for my '04 FLHTPI and custom fit it to my bike so that he could offer this set-up to other cop bike owners.

Dave showed up Monday with a complete harness to plug into the MOCO cruise control module and plenty of extra length wire to run the wiring to the appropriate connections and trim the excess to provide accurate wire lengths for future purchasers.

With his wiring harness and the Harley cruise unit for my '04, my bike has the same cruise control as an Ultra. I test rode the bike this morning and it WORKS great. Since I do a lot of highway riding, this will be a real benefit.

Dave is a super nice guy and did a very professional installation. He took digital pictures of everything and careful notes on the connections, so excellent directions should accompany each harness kit. It is not a plug and play installation, but the wiring connections are simple and easy to accomplish.

If you are interested in this set-up give Dave a call at 620 279-4253 or visit his webiste: cruisemount.com.

Old 03-23-2015, 10:24 AM
cowboyupup
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 elictra glide police

cruisemount and netgoods sites are not up does any one else have wire harnnes for cruise control?

Old 03-23-2015, 07:00 PM
14GuineaPig
Stellar HDF Member
Received 535 Likes on 460 Posts

This thread might be of interest to you.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...ice-bikes.html