Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

damn...why did I rent a Ultra Limited in Vegas......

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2011 | 09:06 AM
NODYNA
Road Warrior

I've used HOG ride and fly in Vegas and Seattle. Best bang for your buck, both dealers more than cooperative supplying helments and rain gear (Seattle). Very reasonable using ride N fly, two day min rental but cheaper than not using ride n fly. You can put the deposit on a credit card and never have it post. Plus in Vegas there is a free schuttle that runs from most of the big hotels to the dealer.

Old 10-25-2011 | 09:12 AM
Harleydaddy
Tourer

Thats a good question....why did you rent a geezer glide? Shoulda rented a RK, you woulda liked it better!

Old 10-25-2011 | 10:06 AM
vtwinbob
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Port Dawg
Rented a Street Glide and took that out to Death Valley on Saturday...on Sunday rented a Ultra Limited and took that out to the Valley of Fire and Lake Mead.....Monday morning rode it thru Red Rock

Damn why did I rent it...........

(LOL) remember this quote from you---(I may have to rent a Ultra which wouldn't be too bad either) i was going to say something but didn't. wanted to see what your reactions were. looks like you could be HOOKED!!

Old 10-25-2011 | 11:01 AM
GLACIERPEARL
Outstanding HDF Member

If you buy one, you'll have to move out here to enjoy it year round !!

Old 10-25-2011 | 11:24 AM
harleycharlie1992
Unofficial HDF Chaplain

Originally Posted by GLACIERPEARL
If you buy one, you'll have to move out here to enjoy it year round !!
I've been to Vegas in the winter!! it gets freakin' cold!! you're tougher than I if you're riding in dec/jan, thats all I got to say!!

Old 10-26-2011 | 03:54 AM
Port Dawg
|
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by vtwinbob
(LOL) remember this quote from you---(I may have to rent a Ultra which wouldn't be too bad either) i was going to say something but didn't. wanted to see what your reactions were. looks like you could be HOOKED!!
Damn you would remember that lol....yep...as I said earlier, the first few miles after I rode it out of the dealer I was wondering what the hell was I thinking.....then I almost shed a tear when I had to turn it back in.....lol

Just a shout to Las Vegas HD...truly a pleasure to work with and they took care of me very well....no hassle, no hangups, no added expenses..just great service. Didn't matter who you asked in there whether a tech, a parts guy or a clothing rep they all were very helpful in suggesting all the different rides one could take. I'd have no problem renting from them again on a future trip

Old 10-26-2011 | 07:17 PM
dynawideglider
Tourer

Originally Posted by Port Dawg
Rented a Street Glide and took that out to Death Valley on Saturday...on Sunday rented a Ultra Limited and took that out to the Valley of Fire and Lake Mead.....Monday morning rode it thru Red Rock

Damn why did I rent it...........

Damn, just did a build on an SG and liking it, was thinking of an Ultra but not too seriously considering what I could do option-wise with the SG. Now you have me thinking.....

Old 10-26-2011 | 07:37 PM
Nellybelle
Road Warrior

I'd have no problem renting from them again on a future trip

[/QUOTE]

Shame on you thinking about renting again...Buy one and ride it to Vegas next time...

Old 10-26-2011 | 07:49 PM
My401k
Cruiser

May I ask what the daily rate was for the ultra?

Old 10-26-2011 | 11:30 PM
mglax13
Road Master

Go on th HD website and under the area where you can "Try a new HD" it will mention some options like a test ride, those days when the trailers come around with all the bikes to like the rally's, and renting, and I believe you can request a catalog and they will send you a $200 coupon for a rental.

I used that when I went to Myrtle Beach on vacation this year. I owned a Honda Shadow and always wanted to own a Harley. I was real serious about the FatBoy, but they didn't have one available for those days (someone already had it), so I took a Street Glide, I thought I wasn't really going to dig the fairing, I mean what am I, an old man? (I'm 26) Well long story short, that was August and by September I owned a used Street Glide. Best part was that the rental rate was $129 a day. I took the full insurance too at $45 a day. They should have charged my $90 for the insurance plus the balance over $200 on the bike...they didn't, I got the bike for 2 days for $90. That's probably because when I got back to the dealership, I sat there for about 2 hours while seriously looking into a bike purchase, so they probably thought it would sway my decision.

Quick Reply: damn...why did I rent a Ultra Limited in Vegas......