Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best Slip ons for the Buck

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2011, 09:36 AM
Harleydaddy
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hear good things about the Wild Pigs, and they are wicked inexpensive. At $174.95 on ebay, that is friggin cheap! Less expensive than all the others.

How much are the Fuel Moto Jackpots?

Old 10-25-2011, 09:43 AM
JetD
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default +1 American Custom

Originally Posted by jjnoble
The best bang for the buck is to modify your own slipons and get any sound you want. Check out American Custom Exhaust.

http://www.americancustom.com/
While I agree the service from FuelMoto likely cannot be beat; the American Custom price point cannot be beat for the least expensive (unless one 'hogs out' their own) way to go. I've had the system on for several months and was not only pleased with the 'sound' when I started the fresh install the first time, but everytime I ride it I like it. It also yielded lower engine oil tems; and noticeable seat-o-pants acceleration gains. I'd do it again.

All that said, I still listen to others' pipes and am constantly thinking (as all pipe junkies) I ought to try those. BUT considering cost and results, in all the various types I've tried, the ACs can't be beat for price... the service is also great.

My 2 cents....

Old 10-25-2011, 10:03 AM
frog13
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by hopperop
Of course the sponsors get a lot of positive feedback, we are not allowed to give negative feedback, it is called "flaming a sponsor" and is against forum rules. Negative feedbacks get deleted and the person posting them gets banned. Being a sponsor is advertising, would you pay for bad advertising? Not likely, and niether are they. That is the way business works, it is not bad or new, just be aware of it.
Don't disagree, but I am a customer so I am also relaying my own personal experience as are so many others. There are only a few of the sponsors that I see people raving about on here and the one thing they emphasize is quality and service. I also agree with some, there are better prices out there, but I like quality and service. The mufflers I had from another manufacturer (I'm not saying who, but they are a sponsor) started bluing on the right side after about 500 miles, got darker for about another 2000, then just stayed blue/yellow after that. When I asked them they told me it was because they were single wall and I should have researched my choices better. Not what I wanted to hear about my investment from customer service. I will pay a small amount more for good customer service and quality ......

Old 10-25-2011, 10:37 AM
TUCCI
Extreme HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by frog13
Don't disagree, but I am a customer so I am also relaying my own personal experience as are so many others. There are only a few of the sponsors that I see people raving about on here and the one thing they emphasize is quality and service. I also agree with some, there are better prices out there, but I like quality and service. The mufflers I had from another manufacturer (I'm not saying who, but they are a sponsor) started bluing on the right side after about 500 miles, got darker for about another 2000, then just stayed blue/yellow after that. When I asked them they told me it was because they were single wall and I should have researched my choices better. Not what I wanted to hear about my investment from customer service. I will pay a small amount more for good customer service and quality ......
Spell it out for us...are you talking about FuelMoto?

Old 10-25-2011, 10:49 AM
FenderGuy53
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Harleydaddy
I hear good things about the Wild Pigs, and they are wicked inexpensive. At $174.95 on ebay, that is friggin cheap! Less expensive than all the others.

How much are the Fuel Moto Jackpots?
The 3.5" Jackpot Dyno Tuned are $299, the 4" Jackpot Dyno Tuned are $359 and the 4.5" Jackpot Pro Touring are $499.

HDForums.com members get a discounted price (less than the above) when they telephone.

Good luck!

Old 10-25-2011, 10:52 AM
Harleydaddy
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks FenderGuy. They don't put their prices on the website.

Old 10-25-2011, 10:56 AM
hyperfocal
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by frog13
So, you need to know if the pipes are single or double wall? Double wall better?

Thanks

Hyper

Old 10-25-2011, 11:29 AM
FenderGuy53
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Harleydaddy
Thanks FenderGuy. They don't put their prices on the website.
They DO post prices for their Jackpot's:

3.5" Dyno Tuned

4" Dyno Tuned

4.5" Pro Touring

But you have to call for pricing on Vance & Hines', SuperTrapp's and Rinehart's.

Old 10-25-2011, 11:42 AM
Rush Racing Products
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by hopperop
Of course the sponsors get a lot of positive feedback, we are not allowed to give negative feedback, it is called "flaming a sponsor" and is against forum rules. Negative feedbacks get deleted and the person posting them gets banned. Being a sponsor is advertising, would you pay for bad advertising? Not likely, and niether are they. That is the way business works, it is not bad or new, just be aware of it.
I have seen negative Rush posts on the forum and I do not report them. A main reason we became sponsors of the forum is the ability to address these negative posts directly, with the intent of satisfying our customers. Many people will get on a forum and bash a product before they call the manufacturer and give them a chance. We noticed this with our products and came to the realization it is better to address a post, prove you stand behind your products and provide excellent customer service. Since we became members I have not reported any negative Rush posts and we actually encourage people to post for the simple reason that if you have a problem with our products we want to know about it and fix it... and have members see that we stand behind our exhaust. In our eyes, this is much better than having an upset customer telling every person they meet about their bad experience.
Please keep in mind there is a difference between sharing a negative experience or an opinion and bashing a company with no justification.
-Ryan

Old 10-25-2011, 11:56 AM
frog13
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by TUCCI
Spell it out for us...are you talking about FuelMoto?
NO! Actually, if you had happened to read my first post, you would know I am running Jackpots right now and am more than pleased with them. I've got about 3,000 miles on them and they look like they did when they came out of the box. I have tried several slip-ons over the year, my preferences are Fuel Moto and Rush, although there are other good ones out there. Like I said, there are a ton to choose form, the majority of them work just fine and sound good, customer service is what makes the difference for me and I have had nothing but good experiences with Fuel Moto and Rush, as has anyone I personally know who has dealt with them. This includes those who had any issues, the issues were resolved quickly and to their satisfaction, they would all do return business because of this.

Quick Reply: Best Slip ons for the Buck