Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best Slip ons for the Buck

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2011, 10:16 PM
nytryder
Elite HDF Member
Received 297 Likes on 177 Posts

V&H Basics

Old 10-25-2011, 06:17 AM
jjnoble
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The best bang for the buck is to modify your own slipons and get any sound you want. Check out American Custom Exhaust.

http://www.americancustom.com/

Old 10-25-2011, 06:17 AM
hougz79
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tons of good advice so far on here for the OP. V&H Twin Slash sound awesome, Jackpots, Rush, KW SS, RC X-haust, Supertrapp.... All near the same price point, all get positive reviews from their owners. It really boils down to what look and sound you are looking for.

I've had the V&H Twin Slash Ovals and LOVED the sound of them. Got stretched bags and needed a 4" muffler and went with Jackpots. Love them too. Fuel Moto has amazing customer service so they got my vote. I had very positive experience with V&H as well. Rinehart seems to get sketchy customer service reviews, so you may want to take that into consideration.

Old 10-25-2011, 06:31 AM
BlackeyCoveR
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+1 for Jackpots. The price, quality and sound are tough to match.

Old 10-25-2011, 07:22 AM
horseplay
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://www.superflowmufflers.com/

I have the Max 2's, with the cat converter intact they deepened the exhaust tone and sounded good under load. Once I got rid of the cat they really opened up and I have gotten quiet a few compliments from others wondering what exhaust it is, especially since its looks stock. You cannot beat these for the price.

Old 10-25-2011, 07:52 AM
ZVRider
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Jackpots!

Old 10-25-2011, 08:20 AM
frog13
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

You'll get plenty of suggestions, but mostly recommending what "they" have on their bike, because that has to be the best, right?

You'll also get the "go out and listen" guys and that is good advice, but if you hear the exact sound you like and buy the mufflers, they may not sound the same on your bike if the other was a different setup with cams, etc.

Me, I have run all different brands over the years and I too am now sold on Jackpots. Honestly, I love the sound, but there are many others out there that are very similiar. The performance is great, although again, there are many more right in that range of performace. The price is excellent, all things considered, but seriously, Fuel Moto's customer service rocks, you'll be hard pressed to get this type of personal service from anyone else. Honestly, with all the positive feedback on them, they're supporting a huge customer base and doing it well, I'm not sure how they handle the volume of calls and e-mails, but they do and that means a lot in today's marketplace.

Old 10-25-2011, 08:28 AM
fireaxxe
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I like the stock sound, but they are too restrictive. I have had the Rineharts nice clean sound but too loud. Vance and hines sounded tinny on my bike. And the best for the price and the nicest sound were the Jackpots that I settled with, however these are too loud with my stereo so I put the stock pipes back on. But my vote is for the Jackpot dyno tuned slip-ons

Old 10-25-2011, 08:54 AM
Cowboy Rob
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 2,574 Likes on 1,498 Posts

It would be hard to find a brand new set of slip ons cheaper than Wild Pigs. They sound good too.

Old 10-25-2011, 09:30 AM
hopperop
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by frog13
Fuel Moto's customer service rocks, you'll be hard pressed to get this type of personal service from anyone else. Honestly, with all the positive feedback on them, they're supporting a huge customer base and doing it well, I'm not sure how they handle the volume of calls and e-mails, but they do and that means a lot in today's marketplace.
Of course the sponsors get a lot of positive feedback, we are not allowed to give negative feedback, it is called "flaming a sponsor" and is against forum rules. Negative feedbacks get deleted and the person posting them gets banned. Being a sponsor is advertising, would you pay for bad advertising? Not likely, and niether are they. That is the way business works, it is not bad or new, just be aware of it.

Quick Reply: Best Slip ons for the Buck