Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

zumo 660

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2011, 01:59 PM
hdman6
Tourer
Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
Default zumo 660

Ok, I have a 2008 anniversary ultra. I am pretty sure I want to install a Zumo 660 on the dash like the CVO bikes have. I have a copper pearl painted inner fairing on order now. I plan on 2 toning it with black and the pin-striping. Then my plan is hopefully to install the parts needed to connect the Zumo to the Dash pad on the new inner fairing. My question is, I have all the part #'s found on this forum but they dont come up on the hd site for parts, and how do you guys like the NIM added to this setup? I want the 660 because I really don't have any need for xm radio. I just want to be able to ride without having to fumble for maps all the time. It gets old. Any pictures will also help a lot. thanks jeff

Old 10-24-2011, 02:18 PM
Clutch70
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My ex girl friend used to drink those.

Old 10-24-2011, 02:41 PM
Johnny K
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went in to the dealer, and asked them to look up the CVO parts manual. We scoured through it together and found the parts for the over-dashpad install. I don't have the numbers, but it wasn't very pricey. The plastic mount was around $20. That plus the standard dash mount kit (mainly for the harness) and you're set.

Old 10-24-2011, 03:42 PM
aviscomi
Grand HDF Member
Received 424 Likes on 255 Posts

Why not use a RAM Mount (handlebar mount)? It seems sinful to drill into a painted inner fairing...IMO.

Old 10-24-2011, 04:25 PM
Wassup8687
Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use the handle bar mount on my 550 and it really works well.

Old 10-24-2011, 07:43 PM
vichendrix
Advanced

Originally Posted by hdman6
Ok, I have a 2008 anniversary ultra. I am pretty sure I want to install a Zumo 660 on the dash like the CVO bikes have. I have a copper pearl painted inner fairing on order now. I plan on 2 toning it with black and the pin-striping. Then my plan is hopefully to install the parts needed to connect the Zumo to the Dash pad on the new inner fairing. My question is, I have all the part #'s found on this forum but they dont come up on the hd site for parts, and how do you guys like the NIM added to this setup? I want the 660 because I really don't have any need for xm radio. I just want to be able to ride without having to fumble for maps all the time. It gets old. Any pictures will also help a lot. thanks jeff
Hey hdman6 any chance you could list all parts and give ballpark price on them cause i was hoping to do this as well over winter if i have enough left over after the other winter projects i have planned
Thanks vichendrix

Old 10-24-2011, 07:59 PM
billnourse
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 42 Likes on 35 Posts

I have a dashmount for my 660 on the 2012 Limited, and it is a much cleaner installation than the handle bar mount I had on my '05 Classic.

Bill

Old 10-24-2011, 08:01 PM
ericl
Road Warrior
Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

I use the automobile set up with mine. Use the winshield suction cup attached to the fairing and connect to the aux power outlet. I made a loop out of some black string that I secure to the cradle and the other end around the mirror in the event the suction cup loses its grip on the fairing in 6,000 miles it only happened once.

Old 10-24-2011, 08:40 PM
Woollymonster
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Clutch70
My ex girl friend used to drink those.
Heh heh!!! Thats rich. My thoughts exactly. To each his own my friend, but I will never pay the $500-600 or whatever Charley wants for that GPS. Half the charm for us is just taking off and not really knowing where we (I) am going. Love to talk to the locals at gas stations and restaurants, etc. They usually know the best routes anyway. Get to know some real good folks that way. Maps rule (for bikes anyway).

When the Indians called to renew the free XM radio subs on our last two new cagers, we just said no. $450 a year for pop lemming crap that we never use anyway? I just said that I could not do it because my job had been outsourced to India! He hung up and has not called back.

That Chinese Sumo looks like crap hanging on your bike anyway. Just ride.

Old 10-24-2011, 09:41 PM
HFS
Club Member
Received 340 Likes on 205 Posts

Just a suggestion. I have the kuryakyn fuel door mount. Some don't like it but I do. Just my two cents. I've had a zumo 450 and now a 660. (same reasons as you.)

All I can say to the gps haters is they have hotel phone numbers in them. Phoning for a hotel room at 13:00 and planning yur route to ride til 17:00 is pretty sweet. I also use it for mph as my speedo is in km/h.

Later
Harry

Quick Reply: zumo 660