Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD Recall makes Fox News

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2011, 08:22 PM
Woollymonster
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow! That is unusual for FOX to "dis" such a big company. They usually have their face buried in the corporate trough that pays the most. Harley must have canceled their sponsorship.

Old 10-24-2011, 08:30 PM
jmacdonald5
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Woollymonster
Wow! That is unusual for FOX to "dis" such a big company. They usually have their face buried in the corporate trough that pays the most. Harley must have canceled their sponsorship.
...Oh..c'mon...leave the political crap out of it...they ALL(the media), feed from the same trough...and how the hell is reporting a public recall by HD "dissing" them?,,,it's Harley who announced the recall...not Fox?...they are just reporting it.....sheesh..

Old 10-25-2011, 08:36 AM
knife_edge
Tourer
Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts

The same thing happened to me, when I was on a road trip up in Vermont four years ago on my 2007 HD Night Rod Special. The incident affected the rear brake pump, there was a brake fluid leak that ended up burning the wiring to the rear light assembly. The following day I had it all repeared at the HD Shop. But, that bike costed me too many problems in the fast place. I couldn't enjoy my trips with the bike and it seem that everytime I was on a road trip the bike needed to be in HD shop for some kind of repair all under the warranty but none the less the hassle of it all with my first HD. I then traded that bike for the 2009 HD RoadGlide and I couldn't be any happier.

Old 10-25-2011, 09:10 AM
Woollymonster
Cruiser

Originally Posted by jmacdonald5
...Oh..c'mon...leave the political crap out of it...they ALL(the media), feed from the same trough...and how the hell is reporting a public recall by HD "dissing" them?,,,it's Harley who announced the recall...not Fox?...they are just reporting it.....sheesh..
Fox reported it. Did CNBC? Yes you are right they all do the same thing "Sheesh". Call it political, business or whatever you want. It was only a few weeks ago that the MoCo had their new 2012's spread along Wall Street and the CEO was there trying to explain to CNBC's Maria Bartiromo what all those shiny thing were. It was pretty comical. Neither of them knew much about the product. No mention of recalls or problems of any kind. The agenda was different that day. Political and business corruption are thriving in America. Sticking your head in the sand won't make it go away.

How's that for political crap?

Old 10-25-2011, 11:17 AM
fishbust
Tourer

Too many problems with newer bikes. Tgeyneed to review quality control and stop trying to reinvent the wheel by changing generations all the time. They used to be tried and true, like penn fishing reels, building things right and changes infrequent.

Of another note, what are. Ike's doing with cats????? Bike should be exempt from emissions, being high mileage vehicles in the first place.

Old 10-25-2011, 12:40 PM
jmacdonald5
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Woollymonster
Fox reported it. Did CNBC? Yes you are right they all do the same thing "Sheesh". Call it political, business or whatever you want. It was only a few weeks ago that the MoCo had their new 2012's spread along Wall Street and the CEO was there trying to explain to CNBC's Maria Bartiromo what all those shiny thing were. It was pretty comical. Neither of them knew much about the product. No mention of recalls or problems of any kind. The agenda was different that day. Political and business corruption are thriving in America. Sticking your head in the sand won't make it go away.

How's that for political crap?
...honestly?..I can't even understand what your point is? It's incoherent..My point was that recalls get reported on a weekly basis by all the different media...one week it's Toyota..next week it's someone else...I just don't think it's being "disrespectful" to a company, as you put it, for a news outlet to announce a recall...

Old 10-25-2011, 01:22 PM
NDBadlands4-2
Extreme HDF Member
Received 67 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by smokindave
They are replacing the switch but, is the cat also boiling the brake fluid to failure? Constant heating of the brake fluid will break it down and that whole line should be moved inside the frame, IMO. Brake fluid can boil away because of this heat. Only time will tell if the heat from the cat has an effect on other components. Removing my cat was the best thing to do, for me.
I am going catless this winter. Doing the stage 1 and redoing the entire exhaust system. Heat is an issue on these 103's and the brake switch is only one part of the issues. Get rid of the heat, get rid of the problems.

Old 10-25-2011, 02:54 PM
Ronp42
Account Retired
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

How about the many out there like myself who hasn't had a problem because of the heat. My wife put 20K on her 2010 SG Trike. 18K of it was with the cat in the header. Not one problem with rear brakes. I've got 20K on my 2010 RK with about 12K of that with the stock header. not one problem! It must be those downtown commuter's having the problem's.