Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Glide - King choice?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2006, 11:13 PM
yoopermjm
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Glide - King choice?

While it is very nice to be able to choose or go from cruiser to tourer, for me, the end is just comfort. plain and simple. The controls and comfort of the glide win out in my case. As many have said, I don't think you can go wrong. Whatever you like to ride will work, just get your knees in the breeze.

Old 11-29-2006, 01:00 AM
Whiskers
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 101 Likes on 46 Posts

Personally it came down to the appearance of the Road King Classic without the windshield...I don't think there's a prettier bike in HD's lineup. But I'm also not going to do many cross-country trips on it either so a Glide was never a consideration for me.

If I was planning to do a lot of long distance traveling (3,000+miles) each summer the Road Glide would have been my choice.

If I was partial to the bat-wing fairing and had to have one, I would strongly consider the RK's with detachable fairings like the one on GMoney's & Knightenforcer's bikes (sweet look!). Either something like those bikes or the Street Glide would be a good 'in-between' (distance vs around town) alternative.

Its going to be a hard choice and regardless of which you select you'll always wish that you could have bought two more.

Ride safe.

Old 11-29-2006, 01:35 AM
TwoBaggerz
Cruiser

I am in the SAME boat! I am about three weeks away from a new ???????? I thought I had settled on the RK Custom...I like EVERYTHING about its looks...never ridden one though...But I cant stop thinking about an Ultra Classic. I rented a Street Glide and an 103" Ultra Classic...didnt like the Street Glide, uncomfortable after 500 miles...only did about 300 on the UC and felt refreshed after the ride! I could have ridden all day! Just dont know if I like the way the wind comes from all directions with a batwing fairing. If I have any sense, I will buy the RK Custom, then, down the road, hard bags, trunk, and a removable fairing for winter and long distance. But I keep coming back to that big comfortable MF'r and how any female would be sooooo comfortable back there and....

My 2 cents

Old 11-29-2006, 06:01 AM
ROLLNTIGER
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I've had both. I prefer the Glide!

Old 11-29-2006, 07:04 AM
IceHeritage
Road Master

I had a Heritage and Rented and Rode them all But Found the RoadGlide to be the Best IMHO

Old 11-29-2006, 09:24 AM
DragonNester
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I chose a RKC because it came with everything I wanted in a one-up tourer from the factory, including but not limited to cruise control, air suspension, a quick release windshield and retro- looking leather bags, spokes/whitewalls.

Old 11-29-2006, 09:51 AM
jmacdonald5
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

My .02...OK I'll say it, I think RK is the best Looker in HD's stable, but, as I've said before, dollar-for-dollar, there is no beating the E-Glide Classic for value. For list of 18k and change you get T-pak,radio,more chrome,lighting,paint,etc. For me I was ready for a bike that wouldn't ask for ANY compromises if I want to go long distance. Once I made Pak detacheable it was like 2 bikes in one. Either way you're gonna be happy, I personally think you need to decide it based on wether you want tunes or not. I love the tunes.....

[IMG]local://upfiles/20949/7E5956E61E134C9AA35276A2F1EB9F85.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-29-2006, 10:11 PM
voodoodrug
Stellar HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 81 Posts

its got it all

Old 11-29-2006, 11:10 PM
06 roadglide
Intermediate

I am partial to the Road Glide. [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/9187/C1A29E33F46D47B88AF97B6450C647F8.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-29-2006, 11:22 PM
ORCUTTHD
Cruiser

Can't go wrong with any, buuuttttt, I like the RK for crusin, the RG for just what it says, ROAD GLIDIN!
Gotta love the tunes while riding, and full fairing makes a big differance on long rides.

Good luck!

Quick Reply: Glide - King choice?