Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Glide - King choice?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2006, 04:14 PM
Thundercloud
Road Master
Received 13 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Glide - King choice?

Here's my Vote!!

[IMG]local://upfiles/4934/7F7D33E54D98488189A1A8C9DAAA4275.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-28-2006, 04:29 PM
FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When I started looking to trade up I looked at the Heritage and the Road King, I liked the idea of being able to take off the windshield. And then I started to think of how often I really took the windshield off of my Dyna. And then I thought boy it should be nice to have that radio and man would the storage of that tour pack be handy. And the wife really liked that back seat. Ended up with the Classic and am very glad I did.

Old 11-28-2006, 04:33 PM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

ORIGINAL: rvisdew

for me it was looks ... I liked the Road King Classic ... however, one day I will make a move to the Ultra Classic, but not sure I want to give up the RK ...

Good luck.
This sums it up for me........

Old 11-28-2006, 06:38 PM
Matt8643
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

RK for looks and confort. As has already been said, windshield is good for long trips, without for around town riding with cool looks. I just don't like the Ultras or RG looks-although I know the ride is good on both. If you absolutley had to have a fairing, I would go with the SG (I think best looking of fairing bikes) or an RK and get a removable fairing.

Old 11-28-2006, 07:17 PM
Mick
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey nobody , the prettiest bilkes that I have seen over the years were some kind of Road King variation.
In talking to older guys that put ungodly miles on their bikes , most have been some kind of Electra Glide variation.
For "me" , I think the best value in a Harley of any kind is the Electra Glide Standard.
Since I was a kid , I've been drawn to the "batwing fairing with 3 lights coming at ya" look.
The Standard has everything I wanted and nothing I didn't.
The perfect blank canvas it is to me.
Good luck , it's tough to pick because they're all really nice stuff.
Go with your heart , your brain will lie ocassionally.........
Mick

Old 11-28-2006, 07:48 PM
relxn88
Advanced

ORIGINAL: nobody special

I am in the market for a bagger. I need some imput from owners making their case for why they chose a Glide model over a King model. Electra, Road, and Ultra Glide vs Road King, King custom, classic etc Benefitsof one over another?, drawbacks?
I own a ultra, but I think the RK is the best looking bike on the market. Each has it's good points, the Rk being more manuverable around town, whereas the EG has Tunes, or Mp3, or I use Xm Satellite radio. I went cross country this past summer and put on 8400 miles in 30 days. For that kind of trip, a road king would not be my first choice. The type of driving and how your going to feel riding it should be a big part of your decision. Go to some of the Harley open houses and try them all out. Just my 2 cents.

Old 11-28-2006, 08:52 PM
SLORider
Road Captain

The good news is there is no bad choice here. I went with the RK Classic. I love the classic styling, the leather bags alone are enough to set it in a class of its own. I went in and sat on the some new Glides and they are just not me. Hope you find as good a match as I did.

Old 11-28-2006, 08:54 PM
HD Renegade
Road Warrior

Go ride them and see what fits you. I always thought that I wanted a Road King, but I bought a Street Glide. It was all in the comfort of the ride, and how it felt seat of the pants.

Bob

Old 11-28-2006, 09:20 PM
bay13
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It is hard to choose. I took three months to decide. What I'd do is spend lots of time at the dealers looking. I would post a pic of the one I was thinking about as my background on the computer, and slowly norrowed it down. After it is all said and done I could have went several different ways and I'm sure I'd be happy, expect the same on your decision.

Old 11-28-2006, 10:38 PM
knightenforcer
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Why not have a little of both? The road king standard was my choice...Add a detacheable aftermarket fairing, and you have the comforts of the glides.. Come summer, take the windshield off, swap bags, and you have a nice clean cruiser.(just my 02 cents) BTW, I agree about going to the dealer and trying both bikes and see which one fits and appeals to you.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Quick Reply: Glide - King choice?