Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 Road Glide, frt end wobble 40-45 mph, bad ECU

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2011, 08:38 PM
Red Bull
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah thanks...the dealer is working on it I guess havent heard from them for few days...so we will see...hoping for a new tire now...

Red

Old 10-24-2011, 10:40 PM
run1fsr
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 66 Likes on 44 Posts

This problem is not unique to the 2011 Road Glide. My buddy’s 2009 Ultra does the same damn thing. He changed out his tires to a new set of Avon’s but the wobble is still there. Dealer plays dumb and has been of no assistance … very frustrating.

Old 10-27-2011, 04:51 AM
Basscat1
Stage III
Default RG wobble

Took mine in yesterday for the fourth time (7k mi) I have a GREAT service manager and he says this is an inherint problem with the frame mounted fairing bikes. But the last two times the mechanic said he tightened the steering head nut.(?) The dealer is also going to look at putting a Pingle steering dampener on.
As the saga continues, i will try to update with results.

Old 11-20-2011, 05:10 PM
Red Bull
Advanced

Well gang, I think I went as far as I could on the fork wobble. Went to my last dealer, Battlefield HD...and they inflated the tires to the proper PSI and tightened the steering hear a little more. The wobbe is gone at 40-45 on decel, "no hands" but I can make it happen at 50-55...but hard to get it to do it...other than that she rides very nice....So my opinion is just ride it and forget about it....what's you all think???should keep pushing the issue with HD customer service? because Battlefield said that is my only recourse...The area HD rep said this is the way they are and said if you take the tour pack off it will not do it, back on it does it....so I don't know...lol...this is nuts...

Anyway...thoughts???

Thanks,
Andy

Old 11-20-2011, 05:18 PM
Red Bull
Advanced
Default 2011 road glide ultra fork wobble issues

Well gang, I think I went as far as I could on the fork wobble. Went to my last dealer, Battlefield HD...and they inflated the tires to the proper PSI and tightened the steering hear a little more. The wobbe is gone at 40-45 on decel, "no hands" but I can make it happen at 50-55...but hard to get it to do it...other than that she rides very nice....So my opinion is just ride it and forget about it....what's you all think???should keep pushing the issue with HD customer service? because Battlefield said that is my only recourse...The area HD rep said this is the way they are and said if you take the tour pack off it will not do it, back on it does it....so I don't know...lol...this is nuts...

Anyway...thoughts???

Thanks,
Andy

Old 11-20-2011, 05:29 PM
highmarket
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Red Bull

Anyway...thoughts???

Thanks,
Andy

This is not out of the ordinary, I have had tires that wobble and tires that don`t on the same bike, both in balanced and re balanced, it`s only when you release your hands, some tires will wear out of this wobble, I just ride it, things like this just ant worth the trouble!!!

Old 11-20-2011, 05:33 PM
petewerner
Road Captain

Same issue after a few 100 miles, pumped it full of grease and it stopped doing it again for awhile and then it came back and I had it (steering head bearings)tightened and it has stayed away now for 6k without a head shake... Find someone or u get the wrench that fits it and do it yourself!! When your bike shipped it was fine but as the grease moves out of the way it gets loose, adjust it to spec, when complete THEN put grease in it thru the grease fitting. I am completely confident that a good dealer will fix the little problems u have and will find yourself riding with that ear to ear grin that most of us have on our mugs...

Old 11-20-2011, 09:15 PM
roadglide sy
Cruiser

I had the same thing on my 05 rg ,started at 40k miles. Now on my 10 it started early 5k now it has 16 and will bring it to the attention of my dealer soon when I go in for brake light sw. recall. I agree you shouldn't ride with no hands but sometimes you need to do something with two hands at low speeds. Also has anybody felt like it does it slightly when hitting bumps or tar snakes or the like? Thanks Jim

Old 11-20-2011, 09:53 PM
treefiddy
Road Master
Received 30 Likes on 11 Posts

My Ultra began doing this after I had the original tire changed out, seems the tread pattern turned around contributed to this phenom.

Old 11-21-2011, 05:53 AM
Red Bull
Advanced

thanks allot for your comments....haven't had it do it over bumps....yet...lol...but I'm just riding it now...seems very solid but I will have the dealer that fixed it go over the head bolt tightening issue again at 1000 mile service ...for sure...it rides very nice now...

thanks all,
Andy