Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ride Wright Wheels - One unhappy customer!

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2011, 04:53 AM
Halfwit
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ride Wright Wheels - One unhappy customer!

I have deleted this now because as far as I am concerned the company have replied and the matter is closed.

Last edited by Halfwit; 10-25-2011 at 02:10 AM. Reason: The company have replied and the matter is closed.
Old 10-23-2011, 05:15 AM
bald1der
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Sorry you had such a bad experience. At the same time I have to say thank you. I was thinking about going with these wheels, but listening to your issues, I think I'll stick with what I've got and look at a different direction for wheels.

Old 10-23-2011, 06:31 AM
plasmadaddy
Road Warrior
Received 48 Likes on 40 Posts

Shame about the poor experience. I had Ride Wrights on my Softail. Also very expensive as I'm in the UK too. Thankfully didn't have any problem with mine.
I've come to the conclusion after issues with buying other stuff in the US (and having problems) is that in the grand scheme of things one off problems so far away from their main customer bases are really not worth worrying about, and as such are pretty much ignored!!!

Old 10-23-2011, 07:02 AM
laduckslayer
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

That's too bad to hear. There are several threads on the Softail postings who discuss the quality of the Ride Wright wheels. Now, most of them talk about the great customer service that Sam provided, then again, they were all U.S. customers. It only took me reading one post to realize that I would look elsewhere for wheels for both my UC and my Softie. Good luck getting support from them, I hope they make it right.

Old 10-23-2011, 07:51 AM
2010 Glide Rider
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

not sure I understand why you wouldn't accept new wheel that was offered. sounds like they wanted to make it right.

Old 10-23-2011, 07:51 AM
Halfwit
Novice

I have deleted this now because as far as I am concerned the company have replied and the matter is closed.

Last edited by Halfwit; 10-25-2011 at 02:10 AM. Reason: As previous
Old 10-23-2011, 08:24 AM
Halfwit
Novice

Last edited by Halfwit; 10-25-2011 at 02:11 AM. Reason: As previous
Old 10-23-2011, 08:41 AM
JesseT
Advanced

Get youself some rubber splicing tape from an electrical supplier and a couple tubes of silicone rubber,, I use scotch 130C 2 inch wide splicing tape,,, coat the wheel with the silicne and when real tacky put the rubber tape around it stretching it just a little bit and after about 4 wraps use some 3M weatherstrip adhesive and glue the final 6 inches.. this will prevent the leaks around the spokes...

Old 10-23-2011, 09:32 AM
Halfwit
Novice

Originally Posted by JesseT
Get youself some rubber splicing tape from an electrical supplier and a couple tubes of silicone rubber,, I use scotch 130C 2 inch wide splicing tape,,, coat the wheel with the silicne and when real tacky put the rubber tape around it stretching it just a little bit and after about 4 wraps use some 3M weatherstrip adhesive and glue the final 6 inches.. this will prevent the leaks around the spokes...
Many thanks JesseT, I'll give that a go. It means I'll be able to get back to tubeless. Appreciate it.

Old 10-23-2011, 10:02 AM
CRAZYCLOWN
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Halfwit that really sucks. I've been in the market myself for a Fat Spoke 21" wheel. I considered Ride Wright but ended up going with DNA. I just put it on yesterday and I'm very pleased. After reading your post I even went out to check the tire pressure and all was good. At the first glance, I thought it was flat but It was just my mind playing tricks on me. Sorry that happened to you. Stay on their *** and write as many bad reviews as you can till they make it right.

Quick Reply: Ride Wright Wheels - One unhappy customer!