Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Strange trip to the dealer...

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2011, 09:39 PM
Strandman
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The rental

You don't wanna buy a rental.

You know what the fastest Harley around is?

A Rental.

Old 10-23-2011, 09:47 PM
JBourquin
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ramnj
I hate to say it but I'm not surprised at all. All HD dealers are like that. There was only one dealer that I would of ever done business with and they are closed now...Mills HD in Burlington.

Keep your bike and just add whatever you need to add to make it 'your' limited, and save the $8K.
Sad but true. Bought my bike there, got a pretty good deal as far as I can tell. Their sales dept was the best around, their parts weren't too bad, their service dept can kiss my a$$.... JMO

Old 10-23-2011, 10:14 PM
Woollymonster
Cruiser

Ride your bike for another year and then look for a slightly used 2012 103ci limited. One that has been meticulously maintained and possibly even a stage II engine. You can probably pick one up for maybe $10,000 less than what the stealer is trying to stick you with if you find a panic sale.

Sell your bike outright on the market. Cut the stealer out of both ends. You get what you want, they get zip. They have to make a living but they don't have to rape and pillage.

I had the same experience with HD of the Woodlands, TX. I sold my 07 RK outright for $7K more than they offered me on trade. Then went somewhere else to by my 2012 Electra Glide. Haven't been back since.

My buddy had the same experience and I now have his Softail Deluxe in my shop for sale.

Old 10-23-2011, 10:18 PM
danzio
Stellar HDF Member
Received 579 Likes on 305 Posts

Just because of this kinda' crap I don't think I'd ever buy new again. On the other hand, if we all bought used, pretty soon the supply would dry up.

Old 10-23-2011, 11:14 PM
Woollymonster
Cruiser

Ride your bike for another year and then look for a slightly used 2012 103ci limited. One that has been meticulously maintained and possibly even a stage II engine. You can probably pick one up for maybe $10,000 less than what the stealer is trying to stick you with if you find a panic sale.

Sell your bike outright on the market. Cut the stealer out of both ends. You get what you want, they get zip. They have to make a living but they don't have to rape and pillage.

I had the same experience with HD of the Woodlands, TX. I sold my 07 RK outright for $7K more than they offered me on trade. Then went somewhere else to by my 2012 Electra Glide. Haven't been back since.

My buddy had the same experience and I now have his Softail Deluxe in my shop for sale.

Old 10-24-2011, 01:10 PM
itsmf
Tourer
Received 115 Likes on 65 Posts
Default Philly area dealer

Who was this Dealer?

Old 10-24-2011, 01:19 PM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by cbrenthus
Not to defend the dealer, but it's not that he's ripping you off, it's just that he knows someone will pay 24k for that bike!

In FL, and probably other states, a dealer can sell a vehicle as "new" if it hasnt been titled and has less than 5000 miles. This is why you see tons of demos with 4xxx miles. So, this means that dealer can sell the ultra limited with full warranty, new bike interest and financing, and the buyer goes down as the first owner.
And gets the free HOG membership.

Old 10-24-2011, 02:14 PM
UltraClassicElectraGlide
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What does it cost to 'upgrade' the difference in the standard features between the two models? There are some upgrades and accessory differences, but not that many to not be able to make the changes on your 'old' bike, which isn't really in need of being replaced.

If you had 60k miles on your bike, then those numbers would make more sense.