Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hog Tunes for FLHTCU

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2011, 11:00 AM
chaney66
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for all the input, I just talked with Scott from Hog-Tunes and explained the problem, he told me that this has happened before with just my situation. He said that I am getting a lack of voltage to the amp, simple fix at there shop, no expense to me, said they will lower the voltage on the amp and send back, and also stated that this will not effect performance of system. Thanks to Scott and the rest of the replys on getting my problem solved, by the way also contacted HD Dealer and talked with Service Manager and explained what I found out from Scott, HD Dealer will take care of issue. Chris

Old 10-25-2011, 06:18 AM
medic8499
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also had a problem when I installed hogtune front/rear speakers and amp on my 2010 FLHX. I installed everything just as the direction indicated. When I turned my volume up to just above half I started getting a loud "crackling" noise over the speakers. I rewired everything multiple times and still the same problem. After talking with Scott at hogtunes multiple times it was narrowed down to the amp. He sent me a new amp and the crackling noise stopped but I'm still not happy with the clarity of the setup.

Old 10-25-2011, 08:13 AM
knife_edge
Tourer
Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts

I had the Hog Tunes Speaker in for about two years, when I went to replace them with Rockford Fosgate, I noticed that the Hog Tunes were completely blown out all around the speaker. "How", I asked, I don't know? I was running those speakers without the amp. So, the only thing I could think about is that it might of been water damage? And for that reason I give them 4 thumbs down for their product. You shouldn't have to go into your fairing every two years or so to replace the speakers and who knows the speaker could of been blown out even before that!