Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

If you were the exhaust nut.......

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2011, 12:40 AM
murlsquirl
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I FOUND THE DAMN THING!

Sitting in one of the belt sprocket teeth (or whatever the official name of it is). Probably not the best idea but I just rolled it forward until it fell out the bottom.

If you were the exhaust nut.......-photo.jpg

Old 10-21-2011, 01:00 AM
j1mmy
Elite HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

they usually end up in the concrete crack, or under the front tire..dont know if its odds,or luck, or if there is a gremlin living under the front tire..

Old 10-21-2011, 04:17 AM
cda7333
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by murlsquirl
I FOUND THE DAMN THING!

Sitting in one of the belt sprocket teeth (or whatever the official name of it is). Probably not the best idea but I just rolled it forward until it fell out the bottom.

Attachment 213156

LoL. I checked in that pulley too. Figured same as u did. Seems like a hundred places it could be sometimes. Well anyway glad u found it man. Have fun with ur new pipes.

Old 10-21-2011, 06:59 AM
valvestem
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am a battery terminal nut, I fell down into the bike when my owner was not careful enough taking me off the terminal. I managed to hide from him for two years sitting on top of the area where the inner primary meets the transmission. Then he found me by accident while doing a wipe down before a ride.

BTW, I wish I had a buck for every nut I've dropped that hid under one of the tires.

Old 10-21-2011, 07:20 AM
1flhtk4me
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 90 Likes on 67 Posts

I was a hollow dowel pin in a valve cover on my owners 2001 Roadstar.He removed the rear valve cover and I slipped out and I fell down an oil galley.It was a scary fall down into the crankcase!

Old 10-21-2011, 07:40 AM
BLKBAGGER
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I FOUND THE DAMN THING!

Attachment 213156
That's right where I found mine when I dropped it.

Old 10-21-2011, 09:12 AM
Rickr01
Club Member
Received 89 Likes on 73 Posts

As mentioned, compressed air to find the nut. And for removal and installation of that exhaust manifold bolt; I just use a 1/2 wrench. I tried every conceivable swivel set up etc. With the swivel, you are not going to get an accurate torque anyway, and it is more of a pain in the azz than just using short turns with a standard 1/2 wrench based on my own experience. When I torque that one back up I match the rough number of turns as the others. Don't over tighten these exhaust stud bolts and you'll be fine.

Last edited by Rickr01; 10-21-2011 at 10:59 AM.
Old 10-21-2011, 12:33 PM
reclaimer53
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My lost seat screw flew off and hit the cager following me to close in the windshield.

Old 10-21-2011, 02:34 PM
sanlyn
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Where the hell would you fall and hide when I took you off?!

Got the V&H ProPipe ordered from Fuel Moto (awesome deal) and got everything taken off to prepare.

Was unbolting the head pipe above the tranny and one of the damn nuts fell off and got lost in the bike somewhere. Any ideas? I guess I will go get one of those magnet/mirrors extenders.

Also have a question......What do you guys use to get the nut closet to the frame off with on the headers? That damn thing is a pain in the *** to get to with the frame in the way.

Attachment 213146
I had the same thing happen to me when I installed my Pro Pipe on my Dyna. Looked everywhere for it, didn't find it. Finally had to buy a replacement. About six month later I found it ON THE OTHER SIDE OF MY GARAGE. Not sure how it got way over there (I have a good size garage), but I guess I have an extra now.

Old 12-30-2011, 11:39 AM
Golden State
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where the hell would you fall and hide when I took you off?!

Got the V&H ProPipe ordered from Fuel Moto (awesome deal) and got everything taken off to prepare.

Was unbolting the head pipe above the tranny and one of the damn nuts fell off and got lost in the bike somewhere. Any ideas? I guess I will go get one of those magnet/mirrors extenders.

Also have a question......What do you guys use to get the nut closet to the frame off with on the headers? That damn thing is a pain in the *** to get to with the frame in the way.

Attachment 213146
The EXACT same thing happened to me last night while taking off my stock pipes to install the V&H pro pipe. I looked for it for hours. Cant find it. I'm praying to God it didnt fall inside where the belt is covered. I'm frustrated as hell. Sure I could just buy another one and finish the install, but with my luck, i'll turn on the bike, go for a test ride and hear a loud crunch/grind.

Quick Reply: If you were the exhaust nut.......