Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Great New Product for Baggers!

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2011, 09:18 PM
AK BAGGER
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Great New Product for Baggers!

It's been awhile since I've posted around here, but I thought this to be a worthy product to share.

This set-up will intigrate your Ipod/Iphone into your Harley OEM headunit and allow you to navigate your ipod with the oem thumb switches. It keeps your ipod/iphone charged too, and shuts down with the bike when you turn it off. All your ipod displays will show up in the oem headunit. No more worries on where to mount an ipod, or fumbling with navigating it.

I know the 2012 CVO Street Glide has this capability (maybe others too, I'm not sure?). But from what I've been told, it is over $500 just for the parts alone at Harley to retro-fit this to the older bikes.

This unit is plug and play ...very easy install. (However, I had to mount mine under the oem head unit since I have the J&M amp on top).

Anyway ...check out the video, and the web site at www.onthemovetechnology.com . The man in charge, Mark Smith, is a great guy. Fast shipping and no hassles ordering. I've already installed a second unit on a friends bike here in Alaska ....they work awesome!

http://youtu.be/HoKsU6C11Kk

Old 10-20-2011, 09:25 PM
Jim Dawson
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Where is "On The Move Technology" located?

Old 10-20-2011, 09:37 PM
AK BAGGER
Road Captain

No big "store fronts" or large inventory web stores associated with onthemovetechnologies. Mark Smith is selling these out of his home in Wyoming. He and a friend (engineer of some sort I recall) developed this product awhile ago. They contracted production in Japan. The sunami last winter had put a delay in production and delivery to the states. However, Mark has these now and is shipping them out with positive feedback. I have talked to him on several occasions by phone and email. Mark is a stand-up guy and this product is just what the Doctor ordered for the newer baggers running around. I've had my eye on this product for awhile ...it works great.

Mark Smith is to the oem Hardon Kardon head unit as to what George Anderson is to the Tour Pak (relocator kit). If you've ever dealt with George Anderson (another great guy and product!)

Last edited by AK BAGGER; 10-20-2011 at 09:44 PM.
Old 10-20-2011, 09:43 PM
danzio
Stellar HDF Member
Received 578 Likes on 305 Posts

Originally Posted by Jim Dawson
Where is "On The Move Technology" located?
If you click on the "buy now" button the next window states that tax will be charged to Wyoming residents. Not much on the web about them though. But the video sure makes the product look cool.

Old 10-20-2011, 09:54 PM
AK BAGGER
Road Captain

Originally Posted by danzio
If you click on the "buy now" button the next window states that tax will be charged to Wyoming residents. Not much on the web about them though. But the video sure makes the product look cool.

Yeah ...the ipod is off my handebars, and no more trying to adjust my music with a gloved hand on a little ipod Nano at 75mph! It's all in the oem display with oem thumb controls. Nice!

Old 10-20-2011, 10:30 PM
steelerdude1
Grand HDF Member
Received 285 Likes on 216 Posts

Oh Great, another thing to put on my wish list. Looks pretty cool.

Old 10-20-2011, 11:29 PM
moprblms
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Picked one up last week had it days later once I placed my order.

Old 10-20-2011, 11:43 PM
3/4 life crisis
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the heads-up. Subscribed.

Old 10-21-2011, 12:34 AM
mglax13
Road Master
Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

How does this compare to the H-D Boom Audio unit? The Boom Audio unit is $330 from one of the 20% off dealers. Granted, this is $55 cheaper, but I'm just curious if it's just as good.

Old 10-21-2011, 12:50 AM
DHubbs
Road Warrior
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Very Cool! Was wondering when someone would come out with this! Hope it works!!!

Quick Reply: Great New Product for Baggers!