Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Great New Product for Baggers!

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2011, 11:27 AM
131tman
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

7th gen nano @ 21 grams - cable routes thru HogPod housing to HDPDPlus module - velcro nano to inner fairing directly under the right HogPod tweeter. Couldn't imagine a more functional/cleaner set-up!

Last edited by 131tman; 10-23-2011 at 01:23 PM.
Old 10-23-2011, 01:02 PM
Egras2k
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Personally would love to change out my radio but a few things are holding me back. I want to still use handlebar controls, I want a large LCD that comes out with GPS on it and I want the whole thing marine grade....

Old 10-23-2011, 01:10 PM
hougz79
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Egras2k
Personally would love to change out my radio but a few things are holding me back. I want to still use handlebar controls, I want a large LCD that comes out with GPS on it and I want the whole thing marine grade....
Other than the FBI iFairing, yeah, you'll be waiting a while for that.....

Old 10-24-2011, 12:23 AM
AK BAGGER
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 131tman
7th gen nano @ 21 grams - cable routes thru HogPod housing to HDPDPlus module - velcro nano to inner fairing directly under the right HogPod tweeter. Couldn't imagine a more functional/cleaner set-up!
Yeah, I contemplated just installing the iPod in the fairing too ...seems like a good way to do it. However, I decided to go with the saddlebag mount since I update the music often on my ipod (from my itunes on the laptop). Or, if Momma wants to plug in her ipod (not likely though).

Old 10-24-2011, 10:06 AM
TexasBowhunter
Road Warrior
Received 27 Likes on 10 Posts

subscribed

Old 11-26-2011, 06:12 AM
weamdog
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

installed mine this week. have a cvo with a hawg wired setup so there wasn't much room. i moved the cb module below the head unit and used a velcro strap to tie it down. i know as soon as i took the cb out i would have needed it (haven't used it in 2.5 years). wasn't too crazy about the huge plug n play connection box so i tapped into the stock connector (2 taps and 4 (i think) additional existing blanks filled). the boom unit looks like it has a more compact install like i did without the big plug n play box (accordording to pics). have my nano velcro'd to the inner fairing at the moment. did want to try to do some sort of mount to the dash pad, but its too hard trying to find a decent connector that won't look ugly as i'm trying to clean up all the clutter (also installed the dash pad mount zumo 665).

there are 2 things i don't like so far:
1. the unit starts with the same song every time i start up.
2. sometimes the HK unit goes back to displaying just the time.

btw, for all having problems with your HK unit, give iron cross a shot. my radio died 3x in 2 years and got tired of the dealer run-around i was starting to get. my HK has now worked for a year without breaking and i'm a happy camper. as a matter of fact, i bought my hdpdplus from them and they extended the warranty on the work they did metal dragon is also selling these hdpdplus units and jim also takes good care of his customers.

Old 11-26-2011, 11:39 AM
kykurnal
Tourer

Subscribed

Old 11-26-2011, 12:14 PM
tphillips
Road Warrior
Received 29 Likes on 17 Posts

Looks like a great device -- except for those of us who have a pre-2006 bike. Now I've got to upgrade the bike to match the technology...... Nah. I like my 2005 Ultra, despite the 88" engine, 5 speed tranny, old frame, non-ABS set up. Rather than consider it "out dated," I'll just think of it as the end of an era.

When this device is retro'd to fit my bike, I may take the plunge. But for now, hand me another 8-track please.

Old 08-28-2012, 12:59 PM
AbnMP13
Tourer

Well the HDPDPlus website is down; I emailed mark@onthemovetechnology.com when I started having troubles but got on answer.

My handlebar controls no longer work; yet the music still plays. Couldn't change ANYTHING as the radio buttons didn't work either. Turns out the wire from the headunit to the iPod has a short in it AGAIN. Happened when I first installed but Mark sent me a new one. Worked great for just over a year but when I laid my iPod in my tourpack face down instead of face up all my controls quit. Flipped the iPod over and all is well.

Bottom line what kind of cable is it that the iPod connects to?

Old 03-03-2013, 07:05 PM
geopac
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wondering if somebody here can help me with the install. I purchased a used one and all the instructions are good except I am not sure how to attach the red and black wires to the 23 Pin connector. Maybe a part is missing?

Quick Reply: Great New Product for Baggers!