Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Great New Product for Baggers!

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2011, 10:04 PM
tonsa
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have iphone 4 will it allow me to make and answer phone calls using the original harley davidson headset? if it does it will be great coz I can use a navigator and the iphone 4 to make calls and answer the call. if this work then it should work with the other phone like the htc. Anyone have any ideas and have tested it already? Thanks

Old 10-21-2011, 10:22 PM
AK BAGGER
Road Captain

Originally Posted by tonsa
I have iphone 4 will it allow me to make and answer phone calls using the original harley davidson headset? if it does it will be great coz I can use a navigator and the iphone 4 to make calls and answer the call. if this work then it should work with the other phone like the htc. Anyone have any ideas and have tested it already? Thanks
Not sure about the "answering calls" on an iphone 4 ...don't think it has that capability? Here is Mark Smith's email (mark@onthemovetechnology.com) at On The Move Technology, if you want to email him and inquire about the capabilities of the unit.

Old 10-21-2011, 10:34 PM
JIMSFBL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

You guys will love it. I had a kenwood sound system installed a couple years ago and it has the same ipod compatibility. I have a wire for my ipod that comes in through the fairing into my t-bags. I actually leave my ipod on the bike hooked up 24/7 unless I want to add more music.

I also have bluetooth to where I can hear the caller over the stereo speakers and the mic is incorporated into the top of my t-bag works great. I quit using the function a year ago because it robbed one of the reasons I love to ride.

Last edited by JIMSFBL; 10-21-2011 at 10:39 PM.
Old 10-22-2011, 01:04 AM
tp09flhtcu
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by steelerdude1
Oh Great, another thing to put on my wish list. Looks pretty cool.
Yeah, me too! Wish list getting long. BTW, nice avatar.

Old 10-22-2011, 02:25 AM
2whlr4life
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,529 Likes on 1,444 Posts
Arrow

subscribed & curious.

Old 10-22-2011, 09:25 AM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,274 Likes on 2,494 Posts

Originally Posted by scottdoege
Any idea how this would work with an iPhone?
if its anything like the hk unit, it will work with the iphone, however, you have to start the music player app first. hk says the ipod interface is designed for the nano, but others will work. as long as it uses the same plug. an ipod classic is not recommended as the vibrations on the bike will kill the hard drive. i leave mine hooked up most of the time (i have a 6th gen nano) and it fires up immediately. as soon as the radio boots up on start up, the ipod is playing.

i dont think any other phone (htc) will work as it has to have the same connection as the iphone/ipod and (i'm guessing) that is proprietary to apple.

Old 10-22-2011, 01:09 PM
AK BAGGER
Road Captain

Yeah, my set-up works great with a Gen 6 Nano (Gen 5 and 6 are about the same, Gen 6 has a camera). I don't have the capability to see if this unit works with incoming calls (not one to use a phone while riding) ...although it will run the music from my iPhone 4 just like it does from the Nano.

Old 10-22-2011, 02:10 PM
shortride
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Not going to spend any more money on this piece of junk HK radio.

Old 10-22-2011, 02:17 PM
hougz79
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by shortride
Not going to spend any more money on this piece of junk HK radio.
Bingo. I'm sure that product and the Boom! product work great. But the reason I went aftermarket is that I'm not tied to the HK radio. If the deck I have takes a crap, it's cheaper to put in a new deck and more convenient. I also like the fact that my deck not only charges and plays my iPhone 4, but can stream Pandora also.

Old 10-22-2011, 03:50 PM
SharkBite
Road Captain
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

subscribed

Quick Reply: Great New Product for Baggers!