Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Great New Product for Baggers!

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2011, 01:05 AM
RThomas4223
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Subscribed

Old 10-21-2011, 01:28 AM
JetD
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Why?

Why did I click on this thread? Good thing it's late.... I'm gonna go to bed 'n forget I ever saw that beautiful gadget.... cuz I been lookin for something just like that....

Old 10-21-2011, 03:01 AM
AK BAGGER
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mglax13
How does this compare to the H-D Boom Audio unit? The Boom Audio unit is $330 from one of the 20% off dealers. Granted, this is $55 cheaper, but I'm just curious if it's just as good.
I cant speak for the boom stuff, but I'm sure it will get the job done too. All I know is that my Buddy was quoted $500 and change from the local dealer to do the Boom Set-up.

This unit from www.onthemovetechnology is plug and play, works as advertised, and the price is right. Mark Smith (the guy marketing them) is a stand-up guy, and the units ship quickly.

As I said earlier in this thread ...I had to deviate from mounting the unit on top of my OEM head unit (per the instructions) due to the 250W amp from J&M occupying that space. I also rigged a "removeable grommet" set-up on my saddlebag as opposed to just laying the ipod cord through the saddlebag lid. Just notched the top of my saddlebag with a dremel tool, and modded the gromet to hold the ipod cord and seal flush with the saddlebag lid (see pictures).

And like I said ...no more handlebar mounted ipod with wire running to the "aux input" on the head unit ...This thing works great!

Great New Product for Baggers!-014.jpg

Great New Product for Baggers!-015.jpg

Great New Product for Baggers!-018.jpg

Great New Product for Baggers!-017.jpg

Old 10-21-2011, 03:57 AM
Big Pete
Advanced
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Looks like it displays more on the head unit screen then the Harley Boom one does ?
very interestred in this product i wonder if they ship to Australia, and if the Harley Boom Audio Saddlebag iPod holder 76000143 would work with this

Regards
Big Pete.

Old 10-21-2011, 05:40 PM
Big Pete
Advanced
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Just giving this thread a bump to the top too see if anyone else has experience with it

Old 10-21-2011, 07:30 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,297 Likes on 2,506 Posts

Originally Posted by mglax13
How does this compare to the H-D Boom Audio unit? The Boom Audio unit is $330 from one of the 20% off dealers. Granted, this is $55 cheaper, but I'm just curious if it's just as good.
that $280 is there 'introductory' price. it says that normal price is $299, so whenever they go to that price, it'll only be about $30 cheaper. still, it's good to have options.

Old 10-21-2011, 07:52 PM
scottdoege
Tourer

Any idea how this would work with an iPhone?

Old 10-21-2011, 08:02 PM
AbnMP13
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It works as advertised. I have one too.

AKBAgger; when you start your bike does the iPod automatically start? Sometimes I have to push play on mine.

Other than that it works as advertised. Kinda a tight fit on my ultra with the amp bracket but it works.

Old 10-21-2011, 08:56 PM
AK BAGGER
Road Captain

Originally Posted by AbnMP13
It works as advertised. I have one too.

AKBAgger; when you start your bike does the iPod automatically start? Sometimes I have to push play on mine.

Other than that it works as advertised. Kinda a tight fit on my ultra with the amp bracket but it works.
I don't have to press play, it fires-up on its own. However, it does take a full minute or so for the Ipod to "boot-up". It's the same in my Ford truck with Sync ...takes awhile to boot-up the ipod after the ignition is turned on.

Old 10-21-2011, 09:09 PM
FloridaFLHX
Road Master
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Subscribed.

Quick Reply: Great New Product for Baggers!