Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Truck lite LED headlight

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2011, 04:53 PM
AF Chief
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Truck lite LED headlight

Does anyone have this headlight on their scoot? I have an 02 Ultra and I want to get one. Will the truck lite LED plug in without any mods? Will I need some sort of adapter to marry up the wiring? Any info advice will be greatly appreciated.

Old 10-20-2011, 05:09 PM
wheelman38
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

I installed it with no problem. Plugs right in. I did buy a new trim ring (frenched) to match up better with the light lens. The lens protrudes further than the stock light.

Old 10-20-2011, 09:32 PM
Mick
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

It is plug and play , no problem.
Much better than stock , for sure.
It comes with leads that have a plug for the stock harness , and mounting is the same.
Wheelman , what is the trim ring number you used , it does stick out forward kinda funny.
The low beam is excellent , the high beam is so so.
A good many auto parts stores can get these , I got mine locally for a very good price.
A pretty good upgrade from stock , especially if durability is a concern.
Daytime visibility is really excellent compared to most headlights too.
The warranty isn't too bad either.
Mick

Old 10-20-2011, 09:36 PM
131tman
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Old 10-20-2011, 09:39 PM
'05Train
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 883 Likes on 439 Posts

I've got the older "Phase 5" model and I love it.

Old 10-22-2011, 05:12 PM
balcy24
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have read a ton on LED lights and just ordered a TL (Phase 6) headlight and 2 passing light kit from Eastern Performance for $419 with free shipping. I like the looks of the HD LED lights but just couldn't justify them costing nearly twice as much. I can't wait to see how these work!

Old 10-22-2011, 06:31 PM
joflewbyu2
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't waste your money. i tried the cheap route. Fit is very pooor on the passing lamps and the flat headlight sticks out a lot and looks funny. On top of the poor fit, they do not project the light on the road as well as the HD LED units. I sold my TL setup and splurged for the HD setup. Never regretted spending $750 versus $425.

Old 10-22-2011, 07:29 PM
'05Train
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 883 Likes on 439 Posts

Originally Posted by joflewbyu2
Don't waste your money. i tried the cheap route. Fit is very pooor on the passing lamps and the flat headlight sticks out a lot and looks funny. On top of the poor fit, they do not project the light on the road as well as the HD LED units. I sold my TL setup and splurged for the HD setup. Never regretted spending $750 versus $425.
I know you had issues, but the passing lamp install for me was around 15 minutes with no issues. The headlamp looks fine with a frenched trim ring. Now I'll grant you that the H-D lights look better from the front of the bike, but as far as light dispersal is concerned, I prefer the Trucklite's pattern to the very sharp cutoff of the H-Ds.

To each their own.

Old 10-23-2011, 06:00 AM
hougz79
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm still torn. Most likely will get the HD version, since you can get it in Black, but the frugal part of me thinks the TL/Kury/CD route would be a smart move.

Old 10-23-2011, 06:28 AM
davidw221
Supporter
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I purchased the TL lamp, going to Sturgis, the whole assembly fell out on I-90, doing about 90, stopped picked it up, went to a harley store, purchased larger screws for my fairing, used a little TLC, put it back on.
It was scratched up like no bodies business, used a creme to smooth it out, you have to look close to tell it was scratched.
it still gives out a great light.
Just an FYI. I purchased the harley driving light rather than the TL, I've seen the TL driving lights, the Harley ones do a better job.
Look at the testing in here one guy did, it was fantastic.
I also purchased LED driving lights from Custom Dynamics, put them on, they are bright as hell, it really adds to safety.
So the cagers who turn left in front of me can see me coming down the road,VS, the old yellow Harley Lights.
After being mowed down several years ago, Safety is my number 1 priority when riding.
If you all want I will try to download pics and post them in this section.
I'm not very good at posting pics, it's kinda hard to do that in this forum!

Quick Reply: Truck lite LED headlight