Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Want to see some Road Kings with Beach Bars!

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2011 | 07:25 PM
CRAZYCLOWN
|
Intermediate

Parking Lot sorry fat fingers!

Old 10-20-2011 | 07:28 PM
blarg
Road Captain

I'm putting WO 508's on my RKC when I get it...

Old 10-20-2011 | 08:09 PM
roadhog96
Cruiser

The first Road Kings 94-96 came from the factory with Fat Boy bars. These are pretty wide bars and real low. I actually liked the looks of them on the RK but when making a tight slow speed U turn especially with a passenger, it was not the easiest thing to do. I don't know which was worst going left or right, either way it was a good reach and not easy to operate the throttle or clutch at the angle that the hand grips were at when fully turned. I ended up with different bars and have no trouble making slow speed tight U turns with without a passenger. I still miss the old school look of the original bars.

Old 10-20-2011 | 09:09 PM
CRAZYCLOWN
|
Intermediate

Starting to get the feeling I need apes. Love the beach bar look but sounds like it's harder to deal with steering wise.

Old 10-20-2011 | 09:29 PM
BackAt5O
Tourer

It's all in what you're used to. I have WO508's not sure if they're considered Beach bars though.

Old 10-20-2011 | 10:13 PM
Whiskers
Seasoned HDF Member

There are Wild 1 518's. I wouldn't consider them a true, x-tra wide beach bar but they do look somewhat similar.

Old 10-20-2011 | 10:24 PM
slickrick_58
Cruiser

Originally Posted by CRAZYCLOWN
Starting to get the feeling I need apes. Love the beach bar look but sounds like it's harder to deal with steering wise.
I have the H-D beach bar like the first bike. They are low but not so much they would cause a problem. I ride 2up over half the time and they are absolutely no trouble.

Old 10-20-2011 | 11:16 PM
RaceFace
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by slickrick_58
I have the H-D beach bar like the first bike. They are low but not so much they would cause a problem. I ride 2up over half the time and they are absolutely no trouble.
Exactly CrazyClown......I have never had an issue....except in a parking lot....once....right after I put them on. I was used to the stock bars. I stopped, put my feet down, rolled backwards and unpinned my knee from the tank and went on my merry way, and I was riding 2up. Never an issue with U-turns or anything. I'm a dirt bike rider and I'm used to my bars low. I just cant do apes....it's a control thing for me.

Old 10-21-2011 | 09:36 AM
CRAZYCLOWN
|
Intermediate

I'm coming of a Victory Jackpot and this is my first HD. I seen some Road Kings at a few rallys and I knew that's what I wanted next. I wanted a Custom Road King! But I have to say, all these decisions and money is pretty over whelming. lol. It's not like screwing up on a $20 decision!!! LOL Thanks for everyones help, this board is a great tool.

Old 10-25-2011 | 04:30 PM
Tim the Preacher
Intermediate

Buying bars has got to be the hardest thing I have run into. Without buying them and mounting them completely, you just can't get a feel for them. And I don't want to feel them on any other bike but mine!

Quick Reply: Want to see some Road Kings with Beach Bars!