Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 03-17-2015, 06:13 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
It Cost How Much to Rent a Bike?
http://www.hdforums.com/forum/tourin...nt-a-bike.html

Issue:
Looking to rent a Harley while on vacation, a user wants to know if the prices he’s being quoted are outrageous or standard pricing.

Read below for full discussion…
Print Wikipost

It Cost How Much To Rent A Bike?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2016, 11:42 AM
harley0711
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by grip
If your a member of HOG you can do the fly&ride program. Just call their 1 800 number they rent all over the country for a $100.00 a day and this includes the insurance
In the past, I have done 4 'Fly and Ride' However, I do believe that program has been scrapped by Hog.... ???

Old 06-02-2016, 04:04 PM
Campy Roadie
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,072 Likes on 2,507 Posts

For what it costs to rent a Harley, I'll rent a Chevy Spark with the extra insurance and drive it on two wheels.

Old 06-02-2016, 09:23 PM
Agrsiv
Advanced
Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

I have rented from escape eagles and have no complaints. I have also rented from eagle rider (3 different locations) and was given a pos all 3 times. One of thos locations was in vegas. When I took the bike back to swap it for a better one I was told "thats how they run". I told them to call me a cab. They did however give me a raincheck good at any of their locations, that I used in Ft. Lauderdale only to end up with another pos. From now on I will only rent from dealerships. I have had great luck (so far) with renting from dealerships.

Old 06-02-2016, 10:05 PM
smitty901
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 10,339 Likes on 5,486 Posts

That is cheap. I looked at renting a Polaris Sling shot in Gatlinburg last week. $169 for two hours. And the thing was in rough well used shape. Of course I passed on that deal.

Old 06-04-2016, 04:53 PM
TUCCI
Extreme HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 167 Posts

I was going to rent an Ultra Classic when I was in AZ visiting family then ride it up to Laughlin (River Run). It was going to cost me $526 for the 3 days and that's a discounted price. Glad I changed my mind a few weeks out, it hailed pretty bad on the way into Laughlin as well as raining constantly...that would have totally sucked.

Old 06-04-2016, 05:33 PM
Helen Wheels
Extreme HDF Member
Received 61 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by iceman5218
I'm staying with family for the week in the Destin/Ft. Walton Beach area. I went to the local HD shop and they wanted 122-143 a day to rent a bike and a $2000 deposit on a CC.

Does this sound right? I would really like to be able to ride a little while in this beautiful part of the country. Thanks.
im going to colorado next month and i too have been looking for rentals..the good news..i have the $$$ to rent one..bad news is i dont have a credit card with $2000 available on it..come on! what chick does..

Old 06-04-2016, 06:27 PM
mjonesjr84
Tourer
Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

It isn't a full charge on your card. It is a temp hold just to make sure you don't damage the bike. If you have the $2,000 cash, they give the cash back to you. You can also put it down with a check and they'll give the check back afterwards.

I rented a HD 2 years ago in Gatlinburg. As soon as I turned the bike back in, I had my $2000 released on my card.

Old 06-04-2016, 06:52 PM
Dharn55
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Between 1998 and 2004 we did several HOG Fly n Rides, a couple out of San Francisco, once out of Charlotte, one out of Las Vegas and one out of Frankfort, Germany. It was a great program and the bikes were almost new in most cases. But there were only a few dealers that had the bikes. Of course back then there were not that many places that rented Harley's. Now they are available from many sources and almost every dealer has rentals so the Fly n Ride program was pretty redundant.

I also had a bad experience with Eagle riders. Out of Denver once, they promised an Electra Glide bout did not have the bike when we got there, claimed it had be wrecked in Sturgis. Put us on a Road King in rough shape. As I rode off from the dealer I noticed the speedo did not work and we turns around. They gave us a different Road King, again one that had been ridden hard. In Durango the chain tensioners starts making bad noise and we stopped by the dealer. It took a day to repair, Eagle authorized it right away. When we got back they gave us a coupon for a free day on another rental.We never used it. And they are always having their bikes up for sale, think I would pass on anything they are selling, probably in really rough condition. Harley always replays their bikes every year.

Old 11-05-2016, 02:21 AM
Guillermo Paco Cornejo
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Best way to rent

Hey guys, there is a new website named Riders Share where you rent from other riders instead. Prices are about half of what Eagle Rider or Harley charges.

Check it out www.riders-share.com

Old 11-05-2016, 04:21 PM
Cosmic Razorback
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 18,027 Likes on 7,307 Posts

Anyone in the area renting used bikes?

Had some friends fly into Portland a few weeks back and rented a used bike for like $75.00 a day. They said the place had dozens of bikes, it was one price and you picked the one you wanted to ride.

Good luck

Quick Reply: It Cost How Much To Rent A Bike?