Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

projector headlight retro fit

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2011, 12:18 AM
vizcarmb
Stellar HDF Member
Received 531 Likes on 368 Posts

keep us updated for the Roadglide folks and give us a price and list of components.

Thanks

Old 10-21-2011, 07:31 AM
Deuce Bigelow
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Pc PaiN
what projector
sorry...

THIS projector! LOL!

http://eshop.ktautopart.com/motorcyc...FYTt7Qod9mPelQ

and just in case someone doesn't know what angel eyes and demon eyes are.... here's a pic...

for my bike I would order these with the white "Angel eyes" and Red "Demon eyes"... judging from the pic, the Demon eyes would reflect off of the reflector in the headlamp assy giving the headlamps a red glow (same thing the green one is doing)... sounds pretty cool to me!

Last edited by Deuce Bigelow; 10-21-2011 at 07:38 AM.
Old 10-22-2011, 07:07 AM
marvincbr
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Is the "demon eye" the lens of projector? Would it be shining red light down the road? I am a little confused on the whole angel eye demon eye part.

Old 10-22-2011, 09:09 AM
tp09flhtcu
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by marvincbr
Is the "demon eye" the lens of projector? Would it be shining red light down the road? I am a little confused on the whole angel eye demon eye part.
Same here. Hope someone can explain. Or beeter yet, show one on a HD instead of just the rice bunnersn in actual use.

Old 10-22-2011, 09:24 AM
Deuce Bigelow
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

the demon eye light is the same type light as the angel eye...
they are not as bright as the HID bulbs (obviously), the demon eye bulb is inside the projector lens and makes the lens "glow" (it is not bright enough to shine down the road), when you turn the HID's on they wash out the demon eye light so you can't see it.
it looks exactly like the pic shows it.

only problem with doing these on a bike is the fact that we have our headlights on all the time when the bike is running, I don't know if we can get away with just using the angel eyes during the day and the HID's at night... what exactly does the law state in regards to motorcycle headlights??? can we get away with a "daytime running lamp" instead of the headlight being on???

:update:

the federal law states that the "driving light" must be visible no less that 500' from the direction the motorcycle is traveling.... so "if" the angel eyes are visible from 500' they can be considered "driving lights" or daytime running lights... at least that's what I'm understanding from reading the federal law...

Last edited by Deuce Bigelow; 10-22-2011 at 09:53 AM.
Old 10-22-2011, 10:05 AM
DbbleD
Cruiser

Interested for sure. I'll be following this one. Do you know if anyone makes a kit that will fit in the passing lamps. I would want them to match or at least not be a huge contrast...

DD

Old 10-22-2011, 01:26 PM
DSTIMPLE
6th Gear

New to these forums and have been looking into headlight upgrades for a few months now for my 2010 FLTRX. i stumbled onto this thread this morning and thought i would let you guys know i am attempting the retrofit. I purchased a 50w morimoto d2s kit from theretrofitsource.com. I will be attemping it on a few factory blemished headlight buckets that way if i cant get them to fit i havnt ruined my originals. i'll make sure i take some pictures and post em as soon as i can.

Old 10-22-2011, 02:54 PM
Hoblick
Road Captain

Sweet

Old 10-22-2011, 10:35 PM
Pc PaiN
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I have an e-mail into theretrofitsource to get their opinion on the bar and shield medallions in the middle of the lamps and if they would interfere with the projector.

Old 10-22-2011, 10:47 PM
Hobbymike
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nice might be thinking about one

Quick Reply: projector headlight retro fit