Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First, thanks to all who helped me. Second, how does it look?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2011, 04:50 PM
6 gun
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,747 Likes on 982 Posts

I like the look and the color they go together
as good as peanutbuter and jelly. If you want
some ideas picture gloss black saddlebag lids
on it. that would look sharper than a stright
razor, then after that I'd leave it the heck alone

Old 10-16-2011, 04:59 PM
vegasjones
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Actually called the dealer. It is factory paint, unfortunately they can't get this color in the rattle can. Only by the quart.

Originally Posted by Bill03E
Go to the dealer if that is a factory orange, and see if they have touch up paint in rattle cans, if so buy a couple , and some 320grit and some 400 and 600 grit wet , sand it real well and paint it, probably cost you under $80.00 and some time.
Put on about 4 coats, 2 dryish ones and 2 wetter ones, allow about 10 minutes between coats.
Cheap, and you can have it painted later if you don't like the job you do.
Remember the paint jobs is made in the prep, sanding, remember to buy a tac rag ,and some wax, and grease remover to clean the surface before paint.
I painted a buddy's faring , for his road king, I used rattle can , and people freak out when he tells them it is rattle can.

Old 10-16-2011, 05:02 PM
glide2meetu
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I like it just the way it sits. It sets off enough and is just different that it all works, kinda custom HD look all its own!

Old 10-16-2011, 05:03 PM
vegasjones
Intermediate

I like the ideas of adding some black. I'm going to have to keep it this way for a while no matter what so I'll see if it grows on me. I do know someone that does paint and I'm thinking he'd give me a great price if I buy the paint and have him spray it. Had him paint my 03 Duramax 6 months ago and he did a great job.

My only thought on painting it orange is that I'll have to get it pinstriped as well to match up.

I really do appreciate all the feedback and recommendations. This is the best forum around.

Old 10-16-2011, 05:07 PM
vegasjones
Intermediate

I know I may be crazy, but if I can find this for cheap I may throw it on and see how it looks. It's made for the FLH fairings.

Old 10-16-2011, 06:39 PM
Bill03E
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by vegasjones
Actually called the dealer. It is factory paint, unfortunately they can't get this color in the rattle can. Only by the quart.
I would bet you could get close with duplacolor from Oreilly Auto Parts, just get something close until you can get it painted if it bothers you.

Old 10-16-2011, 07:22 PM
LarryLives
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Go to a local sign shop, buy a sheet of orange sticky back vinyl, cut it to the thickness of the stripe you want and put it on.
Easy, no over spray, and will have a solid glossy look for now.
jmo...

Old 10-16-2011, 09:15 PM
kwoozn
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check your local parts stores who deal in paint and equipment. One may be able to color match your color and put it into spray cans for you!
I worked for a parts store and we did just that.

Old 10-16-2011, 11:50 PM
vegasjones
Intermediate

Some really great ideas. I've got plenty of ways I could go with this. Good news is I sold my quad today so I've actually got some coin to spend that my wife can't give me hell over. Soooo....I may just spring for having a pro paint the fairing.

Thanks again for all the comments, opinions, thoughts and ideas. It's awesome to hear how much different everyone's opinion can be. At the end of the day I know the only thing that matters is whether or not I'm happy with the bike, but it's still good to know whether or not people think "that's a nice looking bike" or "that thing shouldn't leave the garage".

Old 10-17-2011, 03:54 AM
hopperop
Banned

I looks fine, it matches your seat and tires. If anything, put some black stripes on the orange. The more black you have on it the better it will look and the faster it will go.

Quick Reply: First, thanks to all who helped me. Second, how does it look?