Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I have an Odd question for all the Road glide riders our there?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2011 | 03:46 PM
Terminator69
|
Road Master
Default I have an Odd question for all the Road glide riders our there?

Hi, I'm looking into getting a newer Road glide and I was looking at an 2011 yesterday and got to looking at what I would do to start the customizing process and wanted to know what would a guy do to remove the crash bar I noticed the fairing has a support mounted on the crash bar. Are there aftermarket brackets or what? Thanks ahead, Todd

Old 10-12-2011 | 03:53 PM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member

There is a bracket that will support the fairing when the crash bars are removed.
http://www.hellsfoundry.com/fairing_support_fltr.htm

Old 10-12-2011 | 05:01 PM
gilbos440rt
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by IAMSWUTIAMS
There is a bracket that will support the fairing when the crash bars are removed.
I have them and they are well made and strong...I installed them on my 2005 Road Glide so I could install a set of vented lowers off an Ultra
Lowers fit like a glove also!

Old 10-12-2011 | 05:05 PM
ybnorml
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by IAMSWUTIAMS
Their 'invisable' bracket will be going on mine very soon, along with vented lowers.

Old 10-12-2011 | 05:36 PM
Bfazona
Tourer

I have a set of Hells Foundry brackets on my bike as well. I wanted to get rid of the ugly brackets that attached the fairing to the crash bar. You can choose to remove the engine guard if you so please with the Hells Foundry brackets as well.

Old 10-12-2011 | 06:36 PM
dbell66253
Ultimate HDF Member

If you decide to go with a "mustache" crash bar, Lindby makes one with special brackets for the RG.

Old 10-12-2011 | 09:26 PM
chrisu
Advanced

I cut mine about a half inch past the support brackets, painted the cut end with clear laquer and made plugs out of stainless steel. Installed the plugs with clear silicone to hold them in. Works and looks pretty good IMO.

Old 10-12-2011 | 11:00 PM
groupw
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by chrisu
I cut mine about a half inch past the support brackets, ... Works and looks pretty good IMO.
...... i was gonna suggest the same thing ................ but didn't want to sound to hillbilly

.......... so, if you take your crash bar off, to what do you fasten the bottom of the lowers, that's my question ?

Old 10-13-2011 | 06:01 AM
Avmech97
Road Master

To each their own but I will never take the crash bar off of my RG especially after it has saved me from a crushed left leg when a car turned into me and a broken right leg from a piece of flying road debris. Good luck & ride safe!

Old 10-13-2011 | 07:31 AM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by groupw
...... i was gonna suggest the same thing ................ but didn't want to sound to hillbilly

.......... so, if you take your crash bar off, to what do you fasten the bottom of the lowers, that's my question ?
I don't think they're installing the lowers without the engine guard.

Quick Reply: I have an Odd question for all the Road glide riders our there?