Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will trade new 2820 or Zumo for R&D use of bike

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2006, 12:39 PM
jjambor
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will trade new 2820 or Zumo for R&D use of bike

My company produces and sells cell phone interfaces for motorcycles and airplanes. I would trade a cell phone/gps audio interface AND GPS for the use of an 06 or 07 Harley Ultra Classic to be used as a test bed for developing a new system. I may require the use of the bike for 4 to 6 weeks. THE BIKE WILL NOT BE RIDDEN; it will be parked in our test and development lab and studied as we develop a new design.
I have a system for '98 to '04 bikes, but need a new model due to the change in audio systems. I will provide proof of insurance to cover against loss by theft, or fire.

You will need to deliver the bike to Rose Hill and pick it up when the design is done.

When you get your bike back, I will also give you a new Garmin 2820 or Zumo GPS with all mounting hardware at no charge. If you want to add an FR Radio, I will include them as well and the interface required.

For more info on my products (not trying to sell them to you, justt want to show that I am legit) go to our web site at www.cellset.com.

Drop me a message at kennedy@cellset.com

Old 11-26-2006, 01:06 PM
TexasRedneck
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Will trade new 2820 or Zumo for R&D use of bike

Jon, wish we were closer - you'd have mine in a heartbeat!

Folks, ah've done business with these folks over the years, and they are VERY well-known in the Goldwing community as making quality products that hold up well - and if something happens, they stand behind their product. So if any of you are inclined to consider his offer, I'll tell you that you can expect them to do exactly as promised.

As a possible sidebar, Jon - I'm looking at doin' the interface you're talking about, and have done a lot of detailed R&D work both for my company and some other manufacturer's. I'd be happy to work with you from here on the system, if you think it could be done remotely via emails, faxes an' digital pics. Electrical work doesn't bother me - Lewis Preston or Allen Smith can tell you about some of the electrical customizations I've done to bikes. Then again, don't ask Allen - he'll lie!

If I can be of any help at all, just let me know. In the meantime, put me down on your list for wanting a system that'll interface my 2610 into the audio on my UC!!!

Old 11-26-2006, 01:12 PM
jjambor
Stage II

Thanks for the kind words, Mr. Redneck!

The electrical/electronic portion is not the hardest part. I need the bike to design the mounting hardware and document the installation process.

Old 11-26-2006, 01:24 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,239 Likes on 1,850 Posts

Too bad you didn't want an 04, I'd ride it down right now

Old 11-26-2006, 02:14 PM
pk
Tourer

Jon I PMed you let me know if you got it. Hopefully we can work this out. Thanks

Paul

Old 11-28-2006, 09:25 AM
mcman
Cruiser

Sorry, I can't offer my bike but I'd like to know your opinion on which GPS to buy from Garmin, the Zumo or the 2820? I'm torn as to which one to buy because there are so many models out there. Hope you find some takers on your offer.