Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

adjustable Passenger Pegs Rivco?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 12:11 AM
Ron750
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,547 Likes on 6,276 Posts
Default adjustable Passenger Pegs Rivco?

I put Kurakyn adjustable passenger pegs on my Ultra. I was kind of disappointed in them, as the first 2 positons are blocked by the saddlebag guards, and the ones that are available are higher, when my wife really wanted to be able to stretch her leg out more.

Last week the right side floorboard and passenger peg fell off my bike sheared off at the bracket bolt. Lost permanently. I have a $1.49, grade 5 bolt 3/8 fine thread bolt as a temporary in there.

I dont want to go back to the Kurakyn. My HD dealer recommended some fancy passenger peg mounts that are quite adjustable, but are more or less in permanent postion once you tighten all the allen screws.

I found this Rivco easily adjustable passenger peg mount that looks pretty cool. Anybody try it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRHFh...layer_embedded

Old 10-11-2011, 05:02 AM
NELS
Road Master
Received 122 Likes on 97 Posts

Going to look into this . It looks exactly like what I have been looking for .

Old 10-11-2011, 05:38 AM
MNPGRider
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 51 Posts

They look pretty nice, but two things as compared to the Kury's. Once set, the passenger still has only has one spot to put her feet, unless you stop and readjust. The other is the adjustment lever looks like someone left an allen wrench stuck in a bolt.

Old 10-11-2011, 06:54 AM
KCFLHRC
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,301 Likes on 781 Posts

The first locked position on the Kury's is straight up vertical. The second locked position is forward of that. How is that blocked by the saddlebag guard. Do you have them mounted backwards?????

Old 10-11-2011, 07:00 AM
Bdhouse61
Road Captain
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Ron750
I put Kurakyn adjustable passenger pegs on my Ultra. I was kind of disappointed in them, as the first 2 positons are blocked by the saddlebag guards, and the ones that are available are higher, when my wife really wanted to be able to stretch her leg out more.

Last week the right side floorboard and passenger peg fell off my bike sheared off at the bracket bolt. Lost permanently. I have a $1.49, grade 5 bolt 3/8 fine thread bolt as a temporary in there.

I dont want to go back to the Kurakyn. My HD dealer recommended some fancy passenger peg mounts that are quite adjustable, but are more or less in permanent postion once you tighten all the allen screws.

I found this Rivco easily adjustable passenger peg mount that looks pretty cool. Anybody try it?
I agree with you, my wife has the same problem so I have never purchased the Kuryakyn or HD adjustable passenger pegs since she would like to stretch her legs out like I do on my highway pegs.....I had them on my last ride and she hardly ever used them, she said it put her back in an uncomfortable position.

I also agree with MNPGrider....they do look pretty nifty BUT only 1 position and unless you stop to readjust.

Last edited by Bdhouse61; 10-16-2011 at 04:23 PM.
Old 10-11-2011, 07:15 AM
Krow
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do they come with a warning not to stand on them?

Old 10-11-2011, 08:07 AM
Ron750
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,547 Likes on 6,276 Posts

Originally Posted by KCFLHTK
The first locked position on the Kury's is straight up vertical. The second locked position is forward of that. How is that blocked by the saddlebag guard. Do you have them mounted backwards?????

No they are mounted correctly. Yes technically there are 2 forward positions, but they are so close there isn't much difference. The main thing is my wife has long legs, one reason I married her, and I want a lower, farther out position, and this Rivco looks interesting. Also in the most forward position it is made to rest your calf on, not your foot, and is not comfortable. I am going to wait for some feedback, and probably get these.

Old 10-11-2011, 09:40 AM
NELS
Road Master

"They look pretty nice, but two things as compared to the Kury's. Once set, the passenger still has only has one spot to put her feet, unless you stop and readjust. "

Why does she need to change positions while riding??

Old 10-11-2011, 09:48 AM
KCFLHRC
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,301 Likes on 781 Posts

Originally Posted by NELS
"They look pretty nice, but two things as compared to the Kury's. Once set, the passenger still has only has one spot to put her feet, unless you stop and readjust. "

Why does she need to change positions while riding??
I change my position while riding from the floor boards to the highway pegs. Why wouldn't you want the passenger to have the same flexibility? I can adjust the Kury's for my wife while riding. These Rivco things would be impossible to adjust while riding.

Old 10-11-2011, 12:30 PM
NELS
Road Master

Originally Posted by KCFLHTK
I change my position while riding from the floor boards to the highway pegs. Why wouldn't you want the passenger to have the same flexibility? I can adjust the Kury's for my wife while riding. These Rivco things would be impossible to adjust while riding.
As it is now , stock, the passenger rests haven't any adjustment while on the road so I don't see the need to have to have that option. Maybe nice but if she wants I'll stop and make an adjustment , although she just likes to ride and doesn't complain. BTW: I'm not against passenger comfort..

Quick Reply: adjustable Passenger Pegs Rivco?