Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EBAY Woes as well as Seller Woes

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2011, 08:02 PM
Medicjaycook
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EBAY Woes as well as Seller Woes

So I bought a Biketronics Retro install from Americanclassicmotors on Ebay. When I checked out I accidently clicked credit instead of paypal. Ebay tells me to contact seller. So I do, No problem Americanclassicmotors says its all good, gives me there Paypal address and Payment is sent, I receive product in 3 days with a thank and reciept.
I log onto EBAY today and I have a unpaid Item strike against my account filed by Americanclassicmotors. Since I didnt log on my account for 3 weeks its processed. I called EBAY they tell me we have all the records showing you paid through paypal, and recieved your item, But only the seller can remove the Unpaid item strike. I said are you kidding me you have all the proof in front of you and there is nothing you can Do?
I was told No and to Email the seller. what kinda crap is that. We will see how fast this seller responds, he has 200k sales so im sure he could careless about this since I already left Pos feedback. Hopefully it was just a error on there part.

Old 10-10-2011, 08:25 PM
blackswampbiker
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hear you I have had so many problems with ebay I dont use it anymore at all, yeah it sucks sometimes cuz there are good deals on there but the up side is I am not getting jacked around there anymore either

Old 10-10-2011, 08:56 PM
Lowcountry Joe
Elite HDF Member
Received 66 Likes on 46 Posts

I think ACM is a good company. If you call them and explain the situation, I bet you get your situation resolved. They do a gigantic business, and their reputation is important to them. It's amazing how Ebay really gives a **** less about your problem. Keep us posted.

Old 10-10-2011, 08:56 PM
Medicjaycook
Cruiser

I hear ya, as of lately Ill wait until I see it pop up on here used, before messing with EBAY thats why I had not logged on Ebay in so long. But I have never seen the radio install kit sold here so I used Ebay :-/ lol guess its one of those things ya never get rid of once ya have it. Usually Ebay is so over priced its not even funny after shipping I can get half the crap cheaper at the dealership or if not its like 5 bux cheaper. I would rather spend the 5 bux and have a place to return it if need be LOL

Old 10-10-2011, 08:59 PM
Medicjaycook
Cruiser

Will keep ya posted, Dealing with ACM was great, I just think its a big oversite with how big they are. And I hope they fix it. When I spoke to them initally about the payment choice error, they where great, I also told them I needed it within a time frame and would pay for extra shipping if needed, they assued me I would have It and didnt charge me extra for shipping. A+ in my book with exception of the oversight

Old 10-10-2011, 09:03 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,367 Likes on 2,541 Posts

Originally Posted by Medicjaycook
So I bought a Biketronics Retro install from Americanclassicmotors on Ebay
that right there was your problem. i didn't even have to read any further. now, i will go back and read the rest

**edit** okay, read the rest. good luck getting the situation resolved. i know a couple guys here praise acm, but i will never buy anything from them. yes, they do a gigantic business, with most people satisfied. but, my gauge of a business is how they handle problems. acm falls far short in that respect. if you look at some of the negative feedback they leave for customers, you would be shocked. they call their customers, 'retarded morons', biker wannabe, third grade dropout, terrorist, and on and on....

no thanks. we have plenty of good sponsors on this site that can come very close, if not beat, acm's prices. and they appreciate their customers.

Last edited by skratch; 10-10-2011 at 09:08 PM.
Old 10-11-2011, 05:29 PM
AlanStansbery
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

I've dealt with them. They were good people. More than likely just a mistake, i.e., they didn't put one and one together. Once you get hold of them, explain, and direct their attention to the proof, they'll fix it would be my guess.

Alan

Old 10-11-2011, 06:03 PM
RHillbilly
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Call them they have excellent customer serv also email them they will respond

Old 10-11-2011, 06:53 PM
bigfish_Oh
Road Warrior
Received 64 Likes on 41 Posts

I have told ebay they had the records to absolutely prove my buyer was lying and they could care less about my neg feedback, it was up to him. he was eventually removed or deleted his ID and the feedback was removed.
I also told them of a scam auction of a Valkyrie gas tank($700.) 3 days ahead of end. they done nothing, then the buyer posted on Valk forum that he got scammed and they admitted in email to him they had complaints on that auction. you can not sell the same item, same picture a day later 7 states away when the original buyer was many states the other direction. he did get his money back, I assume ebay ate it because he disappeared or just tried something else.

Old 10-11-2011, 07:34 PM
gogogadgetbiker
Banned competing forum owner

Another plus for ACM, they have even gotten me parts that they don't normally sell. Nothing but good expierence here.

Quick Reply: EBAY Woes as well as Seller Woes