Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TWB "sticky" ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2011, 08:16 PM
kjkustoms
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Question TWB "sticky" ?

Headed out for a ride today, when I started my bike it was in high idle and wouldn't kick down, I rotated the grip forward and the rpms dropped. This is not normal for my bike. I rotated the grip back and forth and it would stick in the position I left it in. Can the grip sensor be lubricated? Should it be? Anyone else experience this?

Old 10-09-2011, 08:50 PM
Dionicio
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Don't think it would be a good idea to lube the sensor. I would take the grip off and rotate the sensor by hand, if it sticks replace it. If not, clean the inside of the grip, handle bar, and housing in case its sticking there. Good Luck.

Last edited by Dionicio; 10-09-2011 at 08:55 PM.
Old 10-09-2011, 09:11 PM
Bdhouse61
Road Captain
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I had the same problem after my last service, called the dealer to see if it was just me or was there something wrong. I did this after checking my buddy's 09 Streetglide.........his was real loose compared to mine. So I did some checking on the screws around the housing and loosened up the top screw and lo and behold.....it didn't stick anymore. See if thats the case with yours....

Old 10-09-2011, 09:12 PM
robertg
Tourer
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Mine is kind of creaking like a rusty door hinge. I just took it apart and sprayed it with some lithium grease about 10 minutes ago. It seems to be better.

Old 10-10-2011, 12:41 AM
ezryder62881
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought I had the same problem-even posted here similiar to yours.
I ended up fixing it by doing the old "cycle the switch 3 times" routine.
I've had to reset my idle no less than a dozen times over the past 3 years of owning my 08 Ultra.
I didn't notice before the last time that I could rotate my throttle slightly forward and the idle would drop to normal, so I thought this was a different problem, but the cycling of the switch 3 times reset my idle (as it always has in the past) and problem solved.
I'm not sure why my bike is prone to this problem ('08 Ultra), but I've come to accept it as the nature of it, and it really isn't hard to reset it.

Old 10-10-2011, 02:07 AM
dickey
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,552 Likes on 2,500 Posts

I hate that TBW--nothing but problems, and there's the lag,too. Will never own one. Big PITA!

Old 10-10-2011, 08:27 AM
RollaMo
Grand HDF Member
Received 456 Likes on 285 Posts

Originally Posted by hd2009man
I had the same problem after my last service, called the dealer to see if it was just me or was there something wrong. I did this after checking my buddy's 09 Streetglide.........his was real loose compared to mine. So I did some checking on the screws around the housing and loosened up the top screw and lo and behold.....it didn't stick anymore. See if thats the case with yours....
This is the most likely cause of the problem.

Originally Posted by dickey
I hate that TBW--nothing but problems, and there's the lag,too. Will never own one. Big PITA!
If the above is what is causing it, it has nothing to do with TBW.

Old 10-10-2011, 08:31 AM
Rocketman69
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RollaMo
This is the most likely cause of the problem.

If the above is what is causing it, it has nothing to do with TBW.
Not to mention the fact that in over 30,000 miles over the last 2.5 years, in all sorts of weather, I've never had ANY problems with my TBW. I love it.

Old 10-10-2011, 08:12 PM
Lowcountry Joe
Elite HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 45 Posts

So you make a statement about something you obviously dont own? My TBW is flawless. You can keep your sticky cables.

Old 10-10-2011, 08:15 PM
'05Train
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 883 Likes on 439 Posts

Yeah, because no throttle cable has ever stuck or broken, right? TBW's awesome. I've got no lag and no slop. Got a cable on the Night Train and TBW on the Limited, and the Limited's throttle is far more precise.

Quick Reply: TWB "sticky" ?