Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Grey Beards and Electra Glides...

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2005, 07:39 PM
wild1
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Grey Beards and Electra Glides...

Just turned 34 and picked up my 05 Ultra in December. My last bike was also a touring bike that I had for a couple of years. I used to bug the guys that rode these things but now I wouldnt go back to a cruiser.

Old 07-17-2005, 08:33 PM
Kess
Outstanding HDF Member

46, Lots of grey hair, one sweet 05 Electra Glide Classic - will never go back - EVER!!!!!!

Old 07-17-2005, 11:44 PM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 157 Likes on 53 Posts

I've been riding a bagger for about 27 years. I'll be 50 on my birthday. Maybe I should trade my roadglide for a fatboy.

Terry

Old 07-18-2005, 12:31 AM
Papamte
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

53 years and just recently got my 01' Ultra. I used to get teased some about riding my old 84' Goldwing, like retirees bike and old man's ride to name a few. Let 'em talk! You wont regret it.
Whenever I ride, they always complain that they can't go that far without stopping. That would be thier problem. not mine!

Old 07-18-2005, 12:39 AM
Detour
Road Captain

Damn, I hate it when I'm right! I've actually been thinking of doing a trade yet this year, because I'm afraid of the changes on the new bikes. I love to go on long cruises, even if I'm by my lonesome. I get home from work and jump on and go until the sun goes down. I'm not a bar-hopper anymore, except on weekend mornings when we occasionally go to a local watering hole to get some cheap breakfast and hang out with other bikers, so most of my riding is on the open road. You folks just made me consider it even more. While I absolutely love my Deluxe, I really love the look of the big rigs. If I don't do it this year, it will definately be sooner rather than later. Thanks for all the replies!

Kurt[sm=burnout.gif]

Old 07-18-2005, 12:50 AM
Detour
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: Feroce

In three days I will be 60 years young and I like my 2005 EG because it is as fast as the Super Glide and I can carry anything I want. I have a Garmin Quest GPS and it is great. I was in Indiana and only had a Michigan map and I was in an unknown area and wanted to go to the Harley dealer and knew the address so I used the quest to talk over the speakers to tell me where to go.

Yes, I have a grey beard.

The only thing I can say is get one while you are young and you can enjoy it for a lot longer time than I can.
Feroce, you just gave me another good reason to get one. I bought a new Ford pickup last fall and got a free Garmin GPS unit in a promotion. Now I'd have a place to use it! Also, you said you had a Zundapp 250 years ago. Whatever happened to them? I remember them well from my "younger" days. Keep riding safe young man!

Kurt

Old 07-18-2005, 01:35 PM
Blue SOG
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

45 and it's my 2nd FLH

Old 07-18-2005, 03:23 PM
JBravo41
Advanced

I'm 36 with a '05 FLHT... Just sold my '00 Heritage and moved up to awesome ride... Working on the grey beard

JB

Old 07-18-2005, 03:54 PM
rgerber
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Eric,

Congrats on the switch from the Heritgae to the EG. The Heritage always looked great to me, but I never bonded with mine. The Uktra is whole 'nuther story. Enjoy your scooter, the greybeard shall follow....

Old 07-18-2005, 04:30 PM
V2 Bagger
Tourer

31 years old here. This is my first bagger, but had been stealing my dads keys since I was 17. Now I finally have my own and will never look back, wish it would have been my first bike at 17 instead of a Sportster.

Just got home from an Iron *** weekend. 1600 miles and 5 states in 2 1/2 days in 90+ heat. Nothing like a Glide!

Quick Reply: Grey Beards and Electra Glides...