Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Grey Beards and Electra Glides...

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2010, 09:41 AM
FXSTS-88
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Bought a much used Duo-Glide at the ripe old age of 19!! Had hard bags, buddy seat, spot lights and a windshield. Been riding them on and off ever since. The last three have been ElectraGlides. Still get a kick out of riding the Ol' Springer every now and again. I'm well past social security now.

Old 10-24-2010, 10:26 AM
Daddio
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

...beard is graying rapidly here...58 years and counting.

dont think age is a factor as much as what you want/expect to do with the bike you are riding. Baggers are in a class of their own for the long hauls. Bar-hoppin' and hot-roddin' and shorter jaunts are a differant story.

... often wish i was in a position to own a second, more nimble, quicker bike just to tool around town on...but all things considered...and i have tried them all-- Sportsters, softtails, dyna glides(except i have yet to get on a Vrod) ...I am most pleased with the Electra glides I have owned...especially for the time/situations that i get to spend riding.
Maybe when i'm fully grayed out I will buy a trike...or a sidecar...and still enjoy every minute of it ridin' my heart out. HA.

Old 10-24-2010, 10:43 AM
my67pnycar
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm 42 and just got my cherry/merlot cherriot. I love it, should of done made the switch years ago.

Old 10-25-2010, 01:42 PM
an Uncouth Barbarian
Road Warrior
Received 69 Likes on 47 Posts

I'm 57 and have had an Electra Glide since 2001. It is comfortable and is surprisingly agile. When we go on our annual Smokey Mountain ride, we put in twelve hour days and I feel no pain.

Old 10-25-2010, 01:56 PM
legendzzz
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am 58 and have been wanting an Ultra for about 10 years, Now was the time to get it so I did . What a GREAT ride !

Old 10-25-2010, 04:58 PM
09ultraclassicrider
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am 40 and have been on the Ultra for 2+ years now. I wish I had of gotten one sooner. They are much more comfortable than the other around town scoots. Wifey likes to travel, so we bought the Ultra. It is great for around town too. We jump on it and ride to town to eat dinner. Once you get a geezer glide you wont want anything else.

Old 10-25-2010, 05:03 PM
Route66rider
Tourer

60+, graying beard that was once black and a full head of now gray turning hair that was once black, and I love my 2005 FLHTCUI.

Old 10-25-2010, 05:20 PM
dlrshort
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Detour
I was on an 8 hour ride with some friends today and during a lunch break I mentioned that my next bike will be an Ultra Classic Electra Glide. One of the gals in the group said that I was "too young" to ride "one of those". I laughed at the comment and asked her how old you had to be to ride one? She said to wait until I'm 60 and have a grey beard! Well, I'm 45 years old and would have a grey beard, if I could grow a full one without any bald patches, so maybe I would pass part of the qualification.

My question is, and forgive me for even asking, how old are the riders of Electra Glides on this site? I'd love to prove her wrong, as I don't believe you have to be any particular age to ride one. I think they're awesome bikes, and besides, 60 years of age is still pretty young, in my opinion!

Kurt[sm=burnout.gif]
She's full of Sh**. I bought my first Electraglide when I was 59 1/2. My beard is grey, however.

Old 10-25-2010, 05:35 PM
OklahomaSam
Advanced

Bought my '09 Ultra as a retirement present to myself.

I was 39.

I've been mostly gray for a number of years.

Most people think I'm blond.

I don't care.

Old 10-25-2010, 06:15 PM
eazyduzzit
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

When I first saw an E-glide I was 24, and I looked at this heavy, bulky beast with huge windshield and fat tires and I said to my buddy, "Who would want something like that?". I think I had a Honda 350 at the time.

Now I'm 53 and I look at a bike with no windshield, no saddlebags, no stereo, no big comfy seat and I say "Who would want something like that?".

Quick Reply: Grey Beards and Electra Glides...