Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stopped for a helmet check......

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2011, 12:25 PM
Feeeeg
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by IAMSWUTIAMS
First off, I wear a DOT/Snell helmet. I think the novelty helmets are goofy looking. It's my choice as I see it.
French fries are not healthy and can cause obesity and health problems which raises the premium rates for all of us.
The point is where do you draw the line? At what point is it up to the individual to decide and take responsibility for their actions? Why do some people think the Govt needs to control every aspect of our lives?
Originally Posted by MADHOG
Simple, because they are lambs. They think the government always knows what is best for us. They are also the same lambs that more than likely voted for O, well you know, our current almighty savior....

You guys are negating your own argument.

They dont control every aspect of our lives simply because there isnt a law in place about food intake.

Just like there isnt a law in place about numerous, countless other things we do every day.

Its one law, about wearing a helmet, and that it is safer to wear one.

ok......now....... step away from the hd forums,,,,,,,

Old 10-14-2011, 12:50 PM
MADHOG
Road Master

Originally Posted by Feeeeg

They dont control every aspect of our lives simply because there isnt a law in place about food intake.

Just like there isnt a law in place about numerous, countless other things we do every day.

Dude, You are definitely cracking me up. I have read through here at several of your posts, not every word because honestly you are a little long winded. I'm going to sum this up quickly for you and from what I can tell you won’t give up that easy and will feel compelled to respond…

If the government tells us that we need to wear a helmet then why should it stop there? Why don’t we have to wear reflective/bright clothing, why not steel toe boots, why not knee/shoulder/elbow pads/gloves? Where does the madness stop?

You have pretty much stated that "it’s only a helmet requirement, what's the big deal"; I think you are grossly missing the point. As others have stated here, it’s not affecting others and endangering them so why does the government (or anyone) care about it. Furthermore... well if you don’t get it by now it’s just nuff said, out.

Old 10-14-2011, 12:50 PM
WZ4I
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sure there is.. http://waylandstudentpress.com/2010/...d-legislation/

Old 10-14-2011, 01:06 PM
user 29711972
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PWFD
Guess I never understood the novelty helmet thing anyway? If you are going to have a bucket on your head why not have a DOT approved safe one?

T
My helmet is technically "novelty" since it's not DOT approved, but it protected me through a 65mph crash that involved my head bouncing off the road a couple of times. So are all "novelty" helmets unsafe? No, they just don't all go through the process of being DOT approved.

I think the helmet laws are ridiculous. I can get a ticket for my non-DOT helmet, but the guy with a DOT helmet that still dies in his crash will never be ticketed for his helmet. Makes no sense.

Old 10-14-2011, 01:11 PM
mdp
Tourer

progressives, communists, new liberals and marxist have a mental disorder. It is blatantly clear reading this thread by the comments of those who "feel" it is best for the Government to tell us how to live our lives.

Old 10-14-2011, 01:22 PM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

It's just one law. No, its just one more law. There was a time when there was no helmet law. So when they enact the "flashing light on your head law", it will just be "one" law. One more. And one more. Ad infinitum.

Last edited by IAMSWUTIAMS; 10-14-2011 at 08:25 PM.
Old 10-14-2011, 01:25 PM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Bottom line. Do you really care if I wear a helmet? Cuz I don't care if you do, or not.

Old 10-14-2011, 01:34 PM
user 29711972
Banned

Why aren't helmets required in cars, especially convertibles? Surely, there are many head injuries resulting in death during car crashes.

Why aren't seatbelts required on buses?

Why aren't helmets required on bicycles?

Why aren't helmets required for joggers? Those people pop out of nowhere and get hit by cars all the time around here.

Why aren't helmets required for people on mopeds/scooters?

Why is it just motorcycles? Especially when one of the things you always hear is that "it's because many head injuries are the result of very low-speed incidents, such as tipping over while parking." Seems that bicycles and mopeds would be a higher risk since they're ALWAYS at low speeds.

Just stirring the pot!

Old 10-14-2011, 01:39 PM
TheSinistral
Tourer

Originally Posted by IAMSWUTIAMS
It's just one law. No, its just one more law. There was a tome when there was no helmet law. So when they enact the flashing light on your head law, it will just be "one" law. One more. And one one. Ad infinitum.
Bingo! I guess some folks just won't get it until it is too late. Maybe it already is...

Old 10-14-2011, 02:17 PM
Feeeeg
Tourer

Originally Posted by MADHOG
Dude, You are definitely cracking me up. I have read through here at several of your posts, not every word because honestly you are a little long winded. I'm going to sum this up quickly for you and from what I can tell you won’t give up that easy and will feel compelled to respond…

If the government tells us that we need to wear a helmet then why should it stop there? Why don’t we have to wear reflective/bright clothing, why not steel toe boots, why not knee/shoulder/elbow pads/gloves? Where does the madness stop?

You have pretty much stated that "it’s only a helmet requirement, what's the big deal"; I think you are grossly missing the point. As others have stated here, it’s not affecting others and endangering them so why does the government (or anyone) care about it. Furthermore... well if you don’t get it by now it’s just nuff said, out.

I am long winded, and if Im cracking you up, then Im happy

Quick Reply: Stopped for a helmet check......