Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stopped for a helmet check......

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2011, 06:15 PM
cafematty
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Holzarbeiter
Did you read your first post? Did you read my responce to your first post?
Uh.. did YOU read my post? The point that I'm trying to make is.. It costs EVERYONE more if you get hurt more.. And statistically people get hurt more when they aren't covering their dome. I didn't think that was very hard to understand.. But if you're so keen to be all argumentative about it, I guess I could draw you a picture. Hopefully I'll pick the correct color crayons so you won't have anything else to get upset about.

Old 10-13-2011, 06:47 PM
Holzarbeiter
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by cafematty
Uh.. did YOU read my post? The point that I'm trying to make is.. It costs EVERYONE more if you get hurt more.. And statistically people get hurt more when they aren't covering their dome. I didn't think that was very hard to understand.. But if you're so keen to be all argumentative about it, I guess I could draw you a picture. Hopefully I'll pick the correct color crayons so you won't have anything else to get upset about.
In the first post you mention accident scene expense. Clean up of brain matter and such.

2nd post you mention medical cost and such.

On top of that, this thread deals with being pulled over for wearing a helmet and then having it inspected.
If you like to start a thread that deals with medical expenses, be my guest.

Keep using crayons and don't forget to step away from the glue

Old 10-13-2011, 08:13 PM
69cj
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

No offense but this thread has gotten more comments than an unarmed illegal being shot by a rogue cop.

Old 10-13-2011, 09:06 PM
gussound
Stage IV

Yes, and perhaps the law, or should I say the insurance industry, should require all of us to ride with annoying flashing headlamps, blinky tail lights and silly yellow vests. At the same time we must have quiet pipes.

Old 10-13-2011, 09:22 PM
klaybus
Stellar HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

You guys kill me. It's the law in Washington state & other states. They actually perform random MC safety checks in Washington state vs the mandatory MC inspections done in other states. I have yet to even been pulled over on my bike. Seems the OP had little issue with it.....

Old 10-13-2011, 09:38 PM
mgmmgm
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

they were just checking to make sure it was DOT approved, i live in Eastern Washington- no issues with helmet check.
A novelty helmet is not always DOT approved.

Old 10-13-2011, 09:39 PM
Robcat
Cruiser

Originally Posted by hog95023
The info provided still doesn't negate the fact driving a motor vehicle is a privilege and not a right.

So is breathing!

Old 10-13-2011, 09:46 PM
Robcat
Cruiser

Originally Posted by cafematty
Uh.. did YOU read my post? The point that I'm trying to make is.. It costs EVERYONE more if you get hurt more.. And statistically people get hurt more when they aren't covering their dome. I didn't think that was very hard to understand.. But if you're so keen to be all argumentative about it, I guess I could draw
you a picture. Hopefully I'll pick
the correct color crayons so you
won't have anything else to get
upset about.

Wow, I had no idea that if I wreck all you guys will pay for it. Here I was thinking that I would be responsible for the medical bills. Holy crap. I may just ride without my helmet now!!

Old 10-14-2011, 08:32 AM
Feeeeg
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 69cj
No offense but this thread has gotten more comments than an unarmed illegal being shot by a rogue cop.

Speaking of which, would you believe some guy actually let me get to the point of unsnapping my holster and getting ready to draw a gun on his damn dog recently?

Old 10-14-2011, 09:32 AM
Deuuuce
Elite HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

There are idiots on here, and I've known idiots, that think helmets are detrimental in a crash yet still, given a choice, would want to live or have less of a head injury. And also think seat belts are too restricting and will have a better chance without. Then that same stupidity gets passed along to their kids provided they live long enough.

Then an unbelted occupant in the rear seat will kill a belted occupant in the front seat from flying forward. That's a fact too.

Or those who could make a choice, but would prefer not to have 1/2 of their face scraped off. Laws are for them too. The choice was made for them. Just like seat belts, etc.

Odd how some choice states require passengers to wear a helmet. More irony.

Originally Posted by Leftcoaster
It's those people with exactly your mind set that passed the helmet/ seat-belt laws in the first place, man. You just don't get it...and I can't understand why you are so willing to give up your privacy, your freedom to decide for yourself, or your right to own something without government interference.
Personally I don't care if anyone wears a helmet or uses their seat-belt (or owns a gun) - that's a decision for them and only them to make.
Has nothing to do with privacy whatsoever. It's fundamental safety, period.

Another funny thing about helmets, those that race don't file formal protests about wearing a helmet. Or wearing a seatbelt.

Originally Posted by IAMSWUTIAMS
The sheep have spoken.
sometimes it's just the appearance of freedom. Not all is as it appears.
I'd say that at least half the riders in CA wear novelty helmets. Well, the one's on Harley's anyway. And the cops ignore it. We had an activist here that took the Courts to task on this. Their law is unenforceable. At least the way it is written in CA is unenforceable. Your experience may vary.
Yeah right. Driving is a privledge. You don't like laws but drivers licenses are a requirement, other safety equipment like headlights. Stop lights, etc. Helmets are a fundamental and easy to follow.

Regarding novelty helmets, in NorCal they are so "out of style" now they look ridiculous on anyone wearing them and even SOA looks goofy because the characters still have them.

Originally Posted by WZ4I
Can I borrow that crystal ball of yours?
Hasn't happened, won't happen. Logically it will never happen.

Originally Posted by SIDECAR BOB
it isn't the goverment or your concern how my family is affected by my death. my death or injury has no effect on you or your 2 year old.simple fact.

Completely wrong. Healthcare costs.

Originally Posted by Leftcoaster
Prospect, you cannot possibly be serious here. Our government doesn't GIVE us anything, they only take things away. .
Incorrect. They "give" us roads to drive on. A few simple rules to follow and yet the cool factor of the helmet puts everyone in an uproar. Too frickin' funny.

Quick Reply: Stopped for a helmet check......