Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stopped for a helmet check......

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2011, 08:52 PM
hog95023
Elite HDF Member
Received 161 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by mdp
Why is this law nessasery when we have the 4th Admendment?

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

This is why We The People must demand that our goverment follow the Constitution of the United States!
Driving a vehicle is a privilege not a right. Sucks but that's just the facts

Old 10-10-2011, 08:53 PM
kwoozn
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hog Heaven
Was it state police, city or county? I'm assuming state, but just wondering as I live on the other side of the state.
State Police.....

Old 10-10-2011, 09:09 PM
rocknrod
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If I were a police officer I'd be embarrassed being used as a tax collector.

Old 10-10-2011, 09:12 PM
hog95023
Elite HDF Member
Received 161 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by rocknrod
If I were a police officer I'd be embarrassed being used as a tax collector.
once upon a time county sheriffs were also the tax collector.

Old 10-11-2011, 08:56 AM
Feeeeg
Tourer

Originally Posted by mdp
Why is this law nessasery when we have the 4th Admendment?

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

This is why We The People must demand that our goverment follow the Constitution of the United States!
You are riding in public, on a state road, with a license that is granted as priviledge, not a right.

You are not in your house, behind closed doors, on property that you own.

Old 10-11-2011, 09:09 AM
Blackheat
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you don't think we get singled out then what about the mandatory bike stops.
2 or 3 years ago going to Americade sign read ALL BIKES MUST EXIT. Cop told me they were making sure we were in compliance and had all safety gear on.
My buddy got 3 tickets which one for was the inspection sticker being in the wrong place. Not that it wasn't inspected but sticker in wrong place.
Now how come the all cars weren't pulled over to make sure they were in compliance, why just bikes??!!! If it is a safety issue then its an issue for everyone regardless of what you are driving or riding....but that is never the case i have never seen a lot of bikes and cars pulled over together for a check

Old 10-11-2011, 09:33 AM
Denver Dave
Road Master
Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Do helmet laws cure stupidity?

Old 10-11-2011, 09:36 AM
Feeeeg
Tourer

Originally Posted by toastman
Tell that to my friend who died when the car he was riding shotgun in struck a tree w.the passenger side front quarter panel and the impact of his head on the cars b-pillar/window. He was wearing a seat belt.

Oh wait you can't, he's dead.
While I certainly dont want to get in the middle of this, you stated he was riding shotgun, you also stated his head hit the b-pillar, that to me is as close to t-bone, and side impact as you can get.

Granted most of my physics knowledge comes from mythbusters, but they proved that an impact at 60mph, is just that, whether there is an opposing force or not. They tested the theory that two cars travelling towards each other at 60mph hitting head on is like hitting a brick wall at 120mph, and the results were astonishing. Both cars showed damage that compared to a car hitting a brick wall at 60, not 120. The car that hit the brick wall at 120 had significantly more damage than the two that hit at 60mph.

All that being said, sorry for your loss, I know how it feels, trust me, I am 37 yrs old, at my high school there is a placard outside that lists well over 50 names, all of them deaths under the age of 30, considering 3 yrs prior to me as a freshman, and three yrs after me as a senior, plus being a small town anyway, I knew personally 41 of them.

Old 10-11-2011, 09:40 AM
Feeeeg
Tourer

Originally Posted by denver dave
holy!!!!!

Old 10-11-2011, 10:09 AM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by hog95023
once upon a time county sheriffs were also the tax collector.
The Sheriff of Nottingham comes to mind.

Quick Reply: Stopped for a helmet check......