Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Non Harley Lowers...

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2011, 10:27 PM
Daniel Sikorskyi
4th Gear
Location: Halfmoon Bay, Sunshine Coast, British Columbia, Canada
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Non Harley Lowers...

Wondering if anyone has ordered or using these after market lowers...?

http://www.fairingmegausa.com/shop.htm

I'm thinking of getting a set and installing Hog Tune Fairing Lower Amp Kit speakers in them...

http://www.hogtunes.com/bikes/bikes/...1_Classic.html

Old 10-09-2011, 10:12 AM
07FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Got 'em. Work GREAT! Were agreat deal then if you didn't need to paint them. Installed Hog Tune lower fairing speaker kit, fits perfect. I wouldn't do the speatkers again, while they sound good in the grarge while cleaning the bike I can't hear them at all going down the road. There's a few threads on these lowers, heres one I started after installing mine.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...-fairings.html

Attached Thumbnails Non Harley Lowers...-lowers-001.jpg   Non Harley Lowers...-lowers-004.jpg   Non Harley Lowers...-lowers-005.jpg   Non Harley Lowers...-finalbuild-021.jpg  
Old 10-09-2011, 03:29 PM
Daniel Sikorskyi
4th Gear
Default Non OEM Fairing Lowers and HogTune Lower Spearker Amp Kit.

Originally Posted by 07FLHT
Got 'em. Work GREAT! Were a great deal then if you didn't need to paint them. Installed Hog Tune lower fairing speaker kit, fits perfect. I wouldn't do the speakers again, while they sound good in the garage while cleaning the bike I can't hear them at all going down the road. There's a few threads on these lowers, here's one I started after installing mine.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...-fairings.html
Thanks for the feedback... I will now try and order the Fairing Lowers. I won't need to paint them as the Black will go just fine with my Pewter Bike. Did you receive all the mounting gear with the Lowers or do I have to buy a set of detachable hardware...?

Right now I am using the original speakers in the upper fairing and wanted to add (better) sound but, by what you say, the HogTune speakers are not doing the trick for you...? Do you also have the HogTune tweeters installed on your upper fairing...?

PS... I'm new to this site...

Attached Thumbnails Non Harley Lowers...-margaret-thomas_flow-ii__van0119.jpg   Non Harley Lowers...-margaret_flow-ii_ssc0014.jpg  

Last edited by Daniel Sikorskyi; 10-09-2011 at 05:05 PM.
Old 10-09-2011, 08:33 PM
07FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Daniel Sikorskyi
Thanks for the feedback... I will now try and order the Fairing Lowers. I won't need to paint them as the Black will go just fine with my Pewter Bike. Did you receive all the mounting gear with the Lowers or do I have to buy a set of detachable hardware...?

Right now I am using the original speakers in the upper fairing and wanted to add (better) sound but, by what you say, the HogTune speakers are not doing the trick for you...? Do you also have the HogTune tweeters installed on your upper fairing...?

PS... I'm new to this site...
I did not get the detachable hardware, just got the lower "P" clamps from HD (like $5-6 for the pair). I also changed out all the cheap nuts, bolts & screws that came with the lowers (maybe $4 at the local hardware store). Easy enough to get off when needed although I leave mine on year around. I do have the Hog Tunes speakers in the fairing, Tweeter pod & their 2 channel amp. I'm sure the 4 channel amp would help. The amp, pod & batwing fairing speakers are great, just couldn't tell a difference adding the lower fairing speakers while riding.
Hope this helps & welcome to the forums!

Attached Thumbnails Non Harley Lowers...-ultrastandard-015.jpg  
Old 10-09-2011, 08:34 PM
Deuce Bigelow
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

you will need to supply mounting hardware..
I put the 2010 CVO Street Glide speaker boxes on mine, just need to install my 4 channel amp.........

Old 10-10-2011, 01:11 AM
Daniel Sikorskyi
4th Gear

Originally Posted by 07FLHT
I did not get the detachable hardware, just got the lower "P" clamps from HD (like $5-6 for the pair). I also changed out all the cheap nuts, bolts & screws that came with the lowers (maybe $4 at the local hardware store). Easy enough to get off when needed although I leave mine on year around. I do have the Hog Tunes speakers in the fairing, Tweeter pod & their 2 channel amp. I'm sure the 4 channel amp would help. The amp, pod & batwing fairing speakers are great, just couldn't tell a difference adding the lower fairing speakers while riding.
Hope this helps & welcome to the forums!
That helps... I appreciate it... Gotta say you have made your ride very sweet looking... I bet it rides as well as it looks...

Attached Thumbnails Non Harley Lowers...-big-flow_july2010_p1000364.jpg   Non Harley Lowers...-flow-ii_2009-electra-glide-classic_van0128.jpg  
Old 10-10-2011, 08:55 AM
Rocketman69
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I bought and installed a set of the FairingFactory lowers that are all over ebay. They actually look great. They're obvious copies of HD molds, but my glove box inserts looked like crap, as there was a distinguishable white line where the outer UV coated rubber met the hard white plastic. I also installed a set of HogTunes speakers in mine.

Two things to consider. 1) The vents in these lowers are poorly made. They don't have the nice click adjustment that the HD lowers do, because they cheaped out on the hardware. They never stayed open, and when I'd pull them open, the vent would scrape along the lower edge of the fairing. 2) Whatever they use to make the glove boxes is junk. I ride my bike just about every day, and it sits outside at work. The sun really took its toll on the glove boxes. They literally started to crack in two spots, even though they still functioned fine.

I eventually decided that it was a classic case of "you get what you pay for". I bought a new set of HD lowers, and was instantly pleased at the fit and finish.....not to mention a set of vents that works correctly.

The good news, is that for about $100 (through one of the discount dealers like Surdyke or Zanotti) you can buy the HD glove boxes, vents and all hardware and they bolt right up to the FF lowers.

I also ended up replacing my stock HogTunes lowers with their new 7" woofer kit (must be powered by an amp) and they effin' ROCK. Made a big difference in my opinion.

Hope this helps.

Old 10-10-2011, 01:07 PM
C Clamp
Cruiser

Have to pick up a set for the wife's Street Glide. Looks to be already vivid black.