Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 Roadking exhaust headers

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2011, 01:50 AM
jamez666
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 Roadking exhaust headers

Greetings to all from a lil country in South East Asia! I am riding a 2011 103cu Roadking. Have been doing so for the past 6 months or so. My previous bike was a XL1200S.

First let me start off by saying I've learned a lot just by lurking around these forums. a big THANK YOU to all for all that information.

I got caught by local LEO for aftermarket slip ons a couple of days back and was compelled to switch to stock mufflers. I had Screaming Eagle slip ons, upgraded stage one air cleaner and SE Super Tuner. The slip ons were not loud...but enforcement is STRICT where I live. Got slapped with a half grand fine I might add. Paid for inspection..turned out my LED turn signals failed the inspection, more fines.

So I fixed up the stock mufflers. Never rode the bike with stock mufflers before and all I hear now is ticking clacking. I do not find the ride as pleasurable as before.

I cannot afford to get caught again. Might be a fine of one grand next time. Modifying the stock cans is not an option either, because the inspection centre guys are quite alert.

Now, fuelmoto makes a header that looks stock...without the CATs..and I can use the stock heat shields to cover it up. No serial number to check for as well. Any of you guys out there run the fuelmoto headers..or some sort of true dual headers...with stock mufflers? How is the sound like?

Thanx for taking the time to read...and ah...sometimes I cannot access this forum...checked the firewall..anti virus...security settings etc etc but it's kinda random. Don't know what's wrong...but do forgive me if I take some time to reply due to this problem.

Old 10-08-2011, 06:25 AM
kyleplusitunes
Road Master

As far as accessing this site goes, it's actually one of the most horrible forums I've ever been to, I dunno if it's the excessive ad space this forum has, or the giant signature photos that users are allowed to have, but this site is so slow and buggy I am always looking for a better forum to use, unfortunately this one is at the top of googles list and is the most active.

As far as changing your headers goes, if you change them, your stock mufflers will be louder than your screaming eagle mufflers with the stock headers on, so what is getting you in trouble? Sound or emissions, because different headers will get you in trouble either way.

Old 10-08-2011, 08:33 AM
jamez666
4th Gear

Hey...thanx for ur reply.
Wow it's dat much of a difference huh. It was the looks of it. If it's gonna b dat loud then I can forget it. Sad

Old 10-08-2011, 10:37 AM
mkguitar
Extreme HDF Member
Received 398 Likes on 340 Posts

Hey Jamez,
I've been there a few times- where do you ride?
Small Territory.

Many of the riders here have the cat removed from the stock header pipe, there is a photo tutorial. Involves removing the header, cutting it open with a band saw, removing the cat, then welding it back up. ( use the search function)

This allows better flow and probably deeper, louder tone with stock mufflers and appearance--- and the certification on the mufflers remains the same.

--but local compliance and inspection, I dunno.
What are other guys with the riding clubs doing?- I think local knowledge would be best.

as an alternative, you could research whether a pipe like the supertrapp supermegs ( which use a disc system to diffuse the gasses and sound) mi9ght be compliant.

Do they rely strictly on certifications or do they use a decibel meter??

Anyway welcome to the forums.

and if there is too much going on with the page loads, try firefox browser with the "noscript" add on--- no ads, simplfied page loads

Mike

Last edited by mkguitar; 10-08-2011 at 10:42 AM.
Old 10-08-2011, 11:15 AM
TUCCI
Extreme HDF Member
Received 219 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by kyleplusitunes
As far as accessing this site goes, it's actually one of the most horrible forums I've ever been to, I dunno if it's the excessive ad space this forum has, or the giant signature photos that users are allowed to have, but this site is so slow and buggy I am always looking for a better forum to use, unfortunately this one is at the top of googles list and is the most active.

As far as changing your headers goes, if you change them, your stock mufflers will be louder than your screaming eagle mufflers with the stock headers on, so what is getting you in trouble? Sound or emissions, because different headers will get you in trouble either way.
Try using Google Chrome for a browser its instant..forget IE its ancient and you'll never go back.

Old 10-08-2011, 11:51 AM
XKnight
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by kyleplusitunes

Sounds like you need a new computer or faster internet provider.

Old 10-08-2011, 10:58 PM
jamez666
4th Gear

Hey thanx to all for the replies.

Yup I am aware of the cat gutting procedure and I have seen the threads depicting it. Looks easy enough. But I am just not confident that it would pass inspection IF I do get pulled over.

Well here in this lil country... They go for decibels first. If ur gonna be loud... Or louder... LEOs pull u over and have a look. The welding on the collector is gonna b a dead give away. Then they will look for certification as well. The authority here does not issue certificates for any form of aftermarket slip ons for Harleys. They can do it... But someone has to get documentation from the Harley mothership AND documentation from the exhaust mAnufactourer AND some paper on tests done AND a whole lotta time n money. No one... Including our dealership... Has done it.

Popular local taste is to either change the whole system with true duals or just get slip ons. Haven't seen anyone or ran into anyone running headers on 10-12 touring models with stock exhaust.

The other guys here are doing what I'm doing... Getting caught haha. It's quite a recent thing actually...I don't know about the States... But here in S-i-n-g-a-p-o-r-e (sorry... Don't want the local Authorities searching the net n learn all these)... We have a dedicated group of enforcement officers that will patrol and look out for illegal modification to vehicles. I don't know if they have beefed up their manning or it is just a 'hey let's go hunt Harleys' mood they r in... But the purge is real. On the day I was caught... two more others were caught as well. 4 caught the day before N a few more the day after.

Was really looking at the fuelmoto headers or some 09 catless headers. Visually I'm sure it will pass inspection but if it's gonna be dat much louder over the stock-headers/SE mufflers configuration... Then I can forget it with the purge going on cause it will just catch too much attention. They seem to have people everywhere at all corners.

Old 10-08-2011, 11:04 PM
jamez666
4th Gear

Forgot to add... The decibel meter will come in after they pull u over n send u to the inspection centers...

Old 10-09-2011, 12:21 AM
Harleydaddy
Tourer

In that case, your screwed. Better off just staying with the stock pipes.

Old 10-09-2011, 05:12 AM
jamez666
4th Gear

Originally Posted by Harleydaddy
In that case, your screwed. Better off just staying with the stock pipes.
I am screwed. in fact, I think most of the Harley riders here are ALL screwed lol. just came back from a ride and man...the mojo is lost... I cranked up the speakers and try to forget about it.