Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wireless headsets

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2011, 04:55 PM
confused
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wireless headsets

What are you using?
Looking at Scala models
I know of Blue Ant
Any others?

What do you like.
This is just for rider to passenger.

Thanks

Old 10-07-2011, 05:14 PM
ItchyTF
Intermediate

My wife, riding buddies and I use the Sena SMH10. Simple to pair up and use in blue tooth mode with phone. I really like how easy it is to listen to music stored on my phone and control with the jog dial.

Old 10-07-2011, 06:27 PM
stuart1270
Tourer
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

I use scala team set pro great blue tooth on both head sets and excellent two way

Old 10-07-2011, 06:40 PM
2WheelGlider
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Why are you wanting wireless for the rider/passenger if you have an 08 Ultra, that has built in intercom with radio...

The wireless units will not be as seamless to use as what the bike has already from the factory.

Old 10-07-2011, 06:58 PM
Candubrain
Road Master
Received 210 Likes on 114 Posts

I have the Nolan N43 helmets with their bluetooth headsets. 2 yrs now, no problems pairing with the iPhone, Zumo 550 or talking with the wife. She's been inside the variety store and I can still talk with her. The newer versions have a longer reach.
Batteries last about 6 hrs before needing charging.

What I like best about the Nolan system, is it's designed to fit exactly and everything is flush. So it doesn't look like you have a chocolate bar stuck on the side of your helmet.

I also have a Limited, you can buy the Nolan cords so that you can plug into the factory system, but I don't like having a cord hanging off my helmet

Old 10-07-2011, 07:34 PM
RJWWL
Advanced

Originally Posted by Candubrain
I have the Nolan N43 helmets with their bluetooth headsets. 2 yrs now, no problems pairing with the iPhone, Zumo 550 or talking with the wife. She's been inside the variety store and I can still talk with her. The newer versions have a longer reach.
Batteries last about 6 hrs before needing charging.

What I like best about the Nolan system, is it's designed to fit exactly and everything is flush. So it doesn't look like you have a chocolate bar stuck on the side of your helmet.

I also have a Limited, you can buy the Nolan cords so that you can plug into the factory system, but I don't like having a cord hanging off my helmet
So this rig is compatible with the existing system on my Ultra and also comparable with other Bluetooth rigs? ...ie: I use the factory system on my ultra (I don't mind the cords) and my riding buddy's have a Bluetooth set...and I would be interested in something that utilizes what I have but I could talk to my riding buddies on there set?

Old 10-07-2011, 09:10 PM
Candubrain
Road Master
Received 210 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by RJWWL
So this rig is compatible with the existing system on my Ultra and also comparable with other Bluetooth rigs? ...ie: I use the factory system on my ultra (I don't mind the cords) and my riding buddy's have a Bluetooth set...and I would be interested in something that utilizes what I have but I could talk to my riding buddies on there set?
I do not know if it will pair with other brands of bluetooth headsets, both my wife and I use the same brand, Nolan.

Using the Nolan cord, plug into the Limited, I can use the CB, the intercom and listen to the stereo.

Old 10-07-2011, 09:26 PM
FLTRU4ME
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If it is bluetooth it should pair with your buddies

Old 10-08-2011, 11:29 AM
AlanStansbery
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Chatterbox XBi2. Bike-to-bike (up to 3 riders) and BlueTooth. Integrates phone, too. Pricey. But it works well.

Alan

Old 10-08-2011, 03:10 PM
itstime2ride
Intermediate

Scala q2 Pro Multiset. Cant say enough about how great these work and the customer service when I had some simple operation questions.

Quick Reply: Wireless headsets