Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What they DON'T tell you II

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2011, 06:52 PM
FLHXXHLF
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by '05Train
In that case, you're screwed. The TTS marries to your ECM. You can't run another tuner now, as your bike is married to the dongle he used. Conversely, he can't use that dongle on anyone else's bike, so he's basically got a paperweight. Get the dongle back from the guy, advise him never to go near a motorcycle again, and tune the thing yourself.

"George at Redline" doesn't know what he's talking about. Darkhorse (like Doc) is the best in the business. If you got your bottom end done by them, it's right.
The kid ( Heath ) at H&D claims to be a self proclaimed genius in this area. But his name is fast becoming the opposite as you pretty well know so I doubt he will sell me anything let alone give me anything.

As for George, he was the best we got here unless you know something I don't and wish to share it with me. You mean we got a better mechanic around here that can tune ? I would love to know.

Old 10-07-2011, 07:29 PM
harleytuner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by FLHXXHLF
The lid in Lillian Ala that tuned the bike did it with a TTS master tune and kept the tuner along with a lot of other parts that belonged to me so I don't have it anymore. He said he downloaded the information into the ECM on the motorcycle . He even made the statement if i took it to Doc, he would tune it wrong that it was the best it could be. The boy was just learning how to use the TTS system yet he was jesting he knew more than Doc .

So I don't know of anyone around here that can tune the bike. It might be part of the problem . George at Redline or what used to be Redline said the crank couldn't compensate for the build and it was causing the vibration. Darkhorse said they balanced the crank properly. They do plenty of cranks . I sent it to them twice. I don't think they would make the same mistake twice.
Are you even sure he loaded a MAP with the TTS? Like stated, a used TTS is absolutely worthless, the only reason people keep them is to force a consumer into using them for future work. Take the bike to any dealer and have them hook the bike up to digital tech, they can pull the MAP calibration number off the bike and you will then be able to tell if your guy loaded a TTS or SERT MAP into the bike.

Old 10-07-2011, 07:37 PM
'05Train
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 883 Likes on 439 Posts

Originally Posted by FLHXXHLF
The kid ( Heath ) at H&D claims to be a self proclaimed genius in this area. But his name is fast becoming the opposite as you pretty well know so I doubt he will sell me anything let alone give me anything.

As for George, he was the best we got here unless you know something I don't and wish to share it with me. You mean we got a better mechanic around here that can tune ? I would love to know.
If George thinks that your 103 with only 10:1 compression and a relatively tame cam is too much for a Darkhorse crank, he doesn't know what he's talking about.

You need to get the TTS from Heath (if, in fact, he ever used one). I'll say it again, tune it yourself.

Old 10-07-2011, 08:34 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member
Received 932 Likes on 574 Posts

My 10 Ultra with 18K on it and light modifications of air intake, exhaust and tuner runs smoother and smoother as time goes on.

Of course it wiggles at idle. When it gets off idle, it is pure silk. Maybe the four mounting points from 09 on make a difference.

You wanted high performance mods so either take them out or live with it.

It won't hurt you. Or will it?

Old 10-07-2011, 09:08 PM
frapcc25
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did not read all the posts becuase out of time tonight, but the only one that caught my eye was from Seargent Fury stating buy a Gold Wing. How ironic. A guy that fights for our country yet wont support our country. Heck maybe 50 years from now Iraq or Afganistan wll come out with a bike called sand glider and half our country will go and buy one and completely forget what our soldiers died for. Unbelievable. On a final note I just had major surgery and am on some good pain meds so will not take credit for spelling or grammer errors. Not that I really care anyhow. All I care about is getting my drop foot taken care of and the feeling back in my foot so i can ride.