Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Left stranded by brand new CVO

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2011, 09:44 PM
rushbass
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man, that hurts! Hoping you get your issues resolved in a timely manner and they do you right (I am thinking a whole new crate motor)...

I would think that if they have rental bikes, they could loan you one while yours is in the shop.

Hope you are repaired and back riding soon. Best of luck!

Old 10-06-2011, 09:54 PM
zoozoo
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 31,580 Likes on 8,452 Posts

cptdenny, at lest they could have said something like," sorry man but we are going to put our best man on this bike and he wasn't here today. He'll be back first thing in the morning". That would have made me feel better but this " sorry but we were swamped today and couldn't get to it" when you knew your bike was there before most of the bikes they worked on is BS. You just bought yours with less than a thousand on it is double BS. Somebody dropped the ball at that place of business. Just my 2 cents. Good luck. If not let us know which dealer it is so we can avoid it.

Old 10-06-2011, 09:55 PM
Sath
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Friend of mine had this happen, he figured out he could pull one of the fuses and it would resest the system so he could get it started. Dealer said he had a loose connection repaired the connection and he hasnt had a problem since.. Problem only occurred after refueling, not sure how that would be related to a loose conntection but he has not had a proble since.

Old 10-06-2011, 10:03 PM
Pc PaiN
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I don't think a loose connection would result in a damaged spark plug electrode and the inability to manually turn the motor over.

Been working for a dealer for almost 10 years and typically in the event of a serious engine failure they will send your dealer a brand new crate motor. Usually shipped next day air.

My dads 2006 CVO pooped a cam bearing early on and H-D sent us a new crate motor. After it pooped again after almost the exact same mileage he got a 11 CVO

Old 10-06-2011, 10:03 PM
Pc PaiN
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

double post

Old 10-06-2011, 10:41 PM
cptdenny
Road Warrior
Veteran: Army
Received 60 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Pc PaiN

My dads 2006 CVO pooped a cam bearing early on and H-D sent us a new crate motor. After it pooped again after almost the exact same mileage he got a 11 CVO
How's your dad's '11 CVO working out for him?

I thought all the CVOs 110" engine issues were resolved after '07. Now I don't know what to think. At least I'm under warranty. My confidence in HD to make this right is still high.

Old 10-06-2011, 11:13 PM
Paniolo
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by cptdenny
I thought all the CVOs 110" engine issues were resolved after '07. Now I don't know what to think. At least I'm under warranty. My confidence in HD to make this right is still high.
Have you been over to the CVO website?

http://www.cvoharley.com

Consider joining up. Those guys are a wealth of knowledge about the CVO bikes. If you post your issue they might be able to give you some insight.

Old 10-06-2011, 11:54 PM
Dustball
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Poochie
I can definitely understand the OP's feeling of wanting to get to the front of the line after just buying the bike. I had a breakdown on a previous bike after a few days, and had it towed to the dealer. I had just bought it 5 days prior, and they had a tech waiting for it when the tow truck arrived. It's all part of customer service, which has dwindled down to nothing for many companies over the past few years. For the OP, it's not like he wants an oil change, or an accessory installed, or a bird **** on the bike and peeled the paint, he's got a potential mechanical failure on a brand new purchase (being a CVO is irrelevant). There is a high expectancy to make this right as soon as possible. If someone leaves my shop after dropping some major coin and has an issue, or a malfunction, I make sure they are taken care of immediately, and the problem is solved...especially if it is within a week. I'm not sure about every dealer, but I know the ones' here locally have techs that do just maintenance and accessories, and others that perform the actual mechanical jobs. It's not going to effect someone's oil change that they could be doing themselves, to take care of someone who just bought a bike and broke down. And to all the one's who say "Get to back of the line", and "Wait your turn"...would be the first one's screaming if the same happened to you after a week of owning the bike. Again, the fact of it being a CVO is not the issue, the issue is about making things right with a new customer.
Yup...what he said. I'd be pissed too, and frankly, the OP handled it much better than I believe I would have. Excellent post!

-Dusty

Old 10-07-2011, 12:03 AM
cptdenny
Road Warrior
Veteran: Army
Received 60 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Paniolo
Have you been over to the CVO website?

http://www.cvoharley.com

Consider joining up. Those guys are a wealth of knowledge about the CVO bikes. If you post your issue they might be able to give you some insight.
I joined them last week and playing catch up on all their threads.

BTW thanks.

Old 10-07-2011, 03:28 AM
Fast FLHX
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree with you regarding getting some sort of priority if the situation allows. No one that buys a Harley is poor.

I don't expect the guy that buys a ZR1 getting put to the back of the line if he has valvetrain failure.

Quick Reply: Left stranded by brand new CVO