Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Left stranded by brand new CVO

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2011, 07:17 PM
harley0711
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 95 Likes on 81 Posts

You know what I find interesting

5 mins BEFORE you wrote that check for the CVO you WERE SOMEBODY.

Once the check is written - Your just another number - get in line...

Customer service really isn't what it used to be - Not all dealers, but a lot of them..

Old 10-06-2011, 07:18 PM
cptdenny
Road Warrior
Veteran: Army
Received 60 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by notlost_nc
I hope they give you a nice loaner while you're waiting for your rebuild.
LOL, it's a Harley dealership, not a Mercedes or Lexus dealership. There's no such animal as a loaner. They do have RENTALS though.

Wishful thinking though

Old 10-06-2011, 07:19 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member
Received 932 Likes on 574 Posts

I have a small fortune in Harleys in my garage. I would not expect to be put in front of scheduled work unless I was on a long tour and needed to get on the road. Most dealers will do that for a traveler but a few won't. I needed a rear tire bad on my Alaska trip. Stopped at a metric dealer in Helena Mont. to get one and they jumped me in and had me out the door in short order

If I came in to get my bike that I scheduled and it was not done because they jumped a bike in front that was not a traveler, there would be total hell to pay.

I also have Corvettes, Viper and other expensive vehicles ( ever priced a quad cab 4x4 lately?) Same deal price of the unit is not a factor as to scheduling, it is business ethics.

If you see a poor family at a store checkout with hamburger, do you jump in front of them because buy higher priced meat cuts? Hell no!

Old 10-06-2011, 07:22 PM
cptdenny
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by harley0711
You know what I find interesting

5 mins BEFORE you wrote that check for the CVO you WERE SOMEBODY.

Once the check is written - Your just another number - get in line...
What's even more painful is knowing this going in.

Old 10-06-2011, 07:25 PM
wrench22
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't think you should go to the front of the line.
But, your dealer should have towed you to their shop and
given you a loaner. Telling you to call hog for a tow to their
shop with all the money you have spent at that dealer is
pretty sad.

Old 10-06-2011, 07:27 PM
cooper57M
Tourer

Originally Posted by cptdenny
LOL, it's a Harley dealership, not a Mercedes or Lexus dealership. There's no such animal as a loaner. They do have RENTALS though.

Wishful thinking though
Even if it was a mebe or beemer, your a bitch after you sign the purchase order.

Old 10-06-2011, 07:40 PM
cptdenny
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by lh4x4
If you see a poor family at a store checkout with hamburger, do you jump in front of them because buy higher priced meat cuts? Hell no!
No, but I expect to have priority after I buy that higher price meat and found crawling with maggots for it to be resolved. Wouldn't you? That priority may end up saving that poor family from diseased meat.

This isn't about the cost, it's about a BRAND NEW HARLEY having a manufacturers DEFECT that may have spread to other Harleys in the line up. It may save YOU some future grief.

Would it be any different if the bike broke down within a hour of ownership to you?

Where would you draw the line?

This isn't about Class-Warfare. It's about dependability in ALL OUR BIKES.

Old 10-06-2011, 07:52 PM
UltraClassicElectraGlide
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cptdenny
Of course I think of others that may feel their bikes are just as important to them.
I recently had my bike in for a few last-minutes things, as the factory warranty was running out. I was told one day turn-around when I made the appointment, but when I dropped it off, I was told they were busier than expected, so they wanted two days. There were a few bikes going through town and one of them had some sort of major issue, and the guys were stuck until the bike got repaired. Told them and the service writer my stuff didn't have to be a priority, gave the guy my 'time slot' to get them all back on the road.

Didn't get my bike back for four days, but was okay with that, thinking that if I was stuck somewhere out of town, maybe someone do the same for me.

Old 10-06-2011, 07:55 PM
crazeeejimbo
Advanced

Don't believe price matters but being a week old does.Even if its not repaired, just getting checked out and a plan of action shows better service.

Old 10-06-2011, 08:05 PM
cptdenny
Road Warrior

Let me make something clear here about my rant about priority. I was towed into my dealership the night before. Other bikes that came in the next morning were put ahead of me. Some were scheduled, others were not. This wasn't about jumping ahead of scheduled appointments, it was about getting my bike looked at between those drive by oil changes.

It's possible that their best tech was busy on someone else's bike, not a problem.

This wasn't about the cost or value but about a brand new bike with the best parts that Moco had to offer, leaving one stranded. Hopefully this is an isolated incident and it stops with myself.

Quick Reply: Left stranded by brand new CVO