Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Left stranded by brand new CVO

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2011, 12:04 PM
simpkinst
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Port Dawg
You are taking this pretty well..I will give you that. Dropped 38k on a CVO a week ago and they are pushing you to the end of the line? It isn't like you have it in there for a loose mirror.

Hope it isn't anything too serious and once again I give you props for keeping your cool
So what about the other customers that are also getting work done - and consider some had set up appointments to fit their schedule?

Just because OP bought a CVO does not automatically give him priority service. How would you feel if your bike was being worked on and the tech left it half completed to work on something else?

Sorry - first come first served is the only way to run a shop. I dont care if its an oil change. Treat every customer the same.

Back to the subject at hand......sucks this happened and kudos for keeping your cool. Screaming and yelling will not get the issue resolved. Here's hoping its nothing serious.

Old 10-06-2011, 12:05 PM
cptdenny
Road Warrior
Veteran: Army
Received 60 Likes on 40 Posts

When I mentioned that I felt I earned some priority. At this dealership, they have a yearly program that if you join for I believe $10. You'll get priority service.

I figured since over the last 2 years I've spent over $50K at this dealership. That I might have earned some priority.

I'm not one for wasting my service departments time or taking up space in line. I do my own oil changes and 95% of my maintenance. Tire changes are done at my local Indy in order to help keep him in business.

Some of those bikes in front of me are from owners that don't know the difference between an Allen wrench and a adjustable wrench. These folks are weekend riders. I ride nearly every day. I'm not saying I'm any better than they are. I'm just saying a little priority will go a lot further in my case. I would still yield to someone broke down traveling, even in this situation.

As for mentioning that this is a CVO, I bring this up only because a CVO is suppose to be using Mocos best parts and that's it.

I called my service dept at noon and was told they're opening the primary. I was told to call back in a few hours.

I'll keep you all posted.

Last edited by cptdenny; 10-06-2011 at 03:49 PM.
Old 10-06-2011, 03:47 PM
cptdenny
Road Warrior
Veteran: Army
Received 60 Likes on 40 Posts

Here's the latest. Primary pulled, nothing found there. A breaker bar was used trying to rotate the pistons. That didn't work. Spark plugs were removed to release compression. Rear spark plug's electrode was found damaged. Appears something let loose with either piston ring or some other hardware.

Plan for tomorrow, removal of cylinder heads and pistons. They tell me this is rare, so is winning the lottery, guess which I rather have?

Anyway, service manager will try and have a "silver lining" from this and present it to me. Possible upgrade in pistons I'm guessing.

I wonder if installing a 120R would lower the value of my CVO. I'm thinking that the 120R should be heavy duty for street use and not break down. Just a thought.

Now if anyone wants to go ahead of me for a oil change, go right ahead.

Old 10-06-2011, 03:54 PM
mi2az
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The real bad thing about not looking at it right away is 1 less day for specal ordered parts to be sent

Old 10-06-2011, 04:04 PM
Fatboy Brian
Grand HDF Member
Received 467 Likes on 192 Posts

Sorry man, that sucks.

Old 10-06-2011, 04:34 PM
monkey sammich
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dan conner
i would be pissed if the dealer put another bike ahead of mine just because it cost more...the exception being somebody that is on a trip and is a long way from home. other wise wait your turn.

Agreed. If I found out about that, I'd hit the friggin' roof.

Luckily, my idny sure as hell wouldn't do that.

Old 10-06-2011, 04:53 PM
dbell66253
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Subscribed, I want to know how this turns out.

Old 10-06-2011, 05:14 PM
peddler
Club Member
Received 72 Likes on 55 Posts

subscribed. Interested in how this is resolved.

Old 10-06-2011, 05:29 PM
piesik650
Road Warrior

I am going with 120R, Now would be a great time to get a "deal". Save yourself some coin and put that brand new crate motor 110 that they should give you if the motor is f#+ked and have some fun. it won't be free by no means but awesome rarely is. Lol

Old 10-06-2011, 05:31 PM
piesik650
Road Warrior

I would hope they would not rebuild that motor and just give you a new crate 110" that's what I would ask for.

Quick Reply: Left stranded by brand new CVO