Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Left stranded by brand new CVO

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2011, 08:41 AM
dohadex
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink It will work out...

Originally Posted by cptdenny
Of course I think of others that may feel their bikes are just as important to them. I also would understand being in their position and would respect someone in mine after such a short time of ownership being left stranded by an overly expensive bike.

Im very grateful that I didn't break down the day before when I was over 100 miles away from home. I'm grateful that I dropped my handicapped wife off 30 minutes earlier. I'm grateful it didn't start raining. I'm grateful I and my bike arrived at the dealership safe & sound. I'm grateful that I was able to finally afford a bike like this.
The huge sum you paid for your bike is noteworthy. But...I respect your candor more than the $$ you spent. The dealer and it's mechs are people too...and it seems you are treating them as you would like to be treated.

BUT...there is a limit...and 2 days would be mine.

Good luck to you...!!

Old 10-24-2011, 09:08 AM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

I'm glad you're back on the road and happy with the new build.

Old 10-24-2011, 05:49 PM
Jim Dawson
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by lh4x4
If my Honda dealer put a GW ahead of my Rune, he would have been in for a beat down then and there.
Ahh, yes, the Honda Rune, the only bike uglier than a Fugly. Well, maybe the Victory Vision beats them both.

Old 10-24-2011, 06:10 PM
jpooch00
Elite HDF Member
Received 267 Likes on 226 Posts

Originally Posted by Jim Dawson
Ahh, yes, the Honda Rune, the only bike uglier than a Fugly. Well, maybe the Victory Vision beats them both.
Maybe - but just barely!!

Old 10-24-2011, 06:22 PM
9miles
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to say you may as well get use to time in the Harley shops. Broke down three times in three different states on a new Harley I purchased in 09 put 40,000 miles on it and couldn't take the constant breaking down on trips. I went to the 2012 Goldwing; it's a dream to ride. I'll will get a soft tail or dyna for in town riding and something to keep me busy in the garage. I know all to well what you feel like. Harley is fun bike to ride. I have diehard buddy's that say I would rather push a Harley than ride a Honda. Get you a good pair of boots.

Old 10-24-2011, 06:52 PM
Rocketman69
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 9miles
Sorry to say you may as well get use to time in the Harley shops. Broke down three times in three different states on a new Harley I purchased in 09 put 40,000 miles on it and couldn't take the constant breaking down on trips. I went to the 2012 Goldwing; it's a dream to ride. I'll will get a soft tail or dyna for in town riding and something to keep me busy in the garage. I know all to well what you feel like. Harley is fun bike to ride. I have diehard buddy's that say I would rather push a Harley than ride a Honda. Get you a good pair of boots.
Now, now, Rick.....I know you got burned, but that doesn't mean it's the norm. For what it's worth, my old man (a die-hard Goldwing rider) was left stranded a couple times by his Anniversary GW.....but that doesn't mean they're all bad. :-P

Old 10-25-2011, 01:07 PM
cptdenny
Road Warrior
Veteran: Army
Received 60 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Jim Dawson
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Someone out there chose you to bed, didn't they?

Seriously, I cut my teeth on a Craig Vetter Windjammer ll in the early '70's, then progressed to BMW and Gold Wings and even sport bikes all with frame mounted fairings. So to riders like myself, those old decrepit bat wing fairings are the ones that are fugly.

Sharks rule!

Old 10-25-2011, 02:47 PM
Yukon42
Road Captain
Received 60 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by cptdenny
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Someone out there chose you to bed, didn't they?

Seriously, I cut my teeth on a Craig Vetter Windjammer ll in the early '70's, then progressed to BMW and Gold Wings and even sport bikes all with frame mounted fairings. So to riders like myself, those old decrepit bat wing fairings are the ones that are fugly.

Sharks rule!
I agree. I didn't purchase my bike to impress anyone. I bought it because I liked it. I put things on it becaue I like them. Not to impress anyone.

Old 10-25-2011, 05:33 PM
07bagger
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have to say i TOTALLY understand this mans pain and frustration. I bought my 2007 streetglide brand new,and at 850 miles the frame broke, let me tell u that they about tripped over themselves trying to get to their truck with enclosed trailer to get over to me(60 miles away) and get this bike back to the dealership to see what the hell was goin on.Anyways they brought me a screamin' eagle softail deluxe for a loaner and a full tank of gas,dealer tag,and told me to ride it like id ride mine (which i did...that poor bike) lol and i rode it for two weeks,and thats all i wanted. all in all it got a new frame and have been ridin it ever since....and they kept in touch with me on a daily bases the whole time.

Old 10-25-2011, 05:52 PM
cptdenny
Road Warrior
Veteran: Army
Received 60 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by 07bagger
i have to say i TOTALLY understand this mans pain and frustration. I bought my 2007 streetglide brand new,and at 850 miles the frame broke, let me tell u that they about tripped over themselves trying to get to their truck with enclosed trailer to get over to me(60 miles away) and get this bike back to the dealership to see what the hell was goin on.Anyways they brought me a screamin' eagle softail deluxe for a loaner and a full tank of gas,dealer tag,and told me to ride it like id ride mine (which i did...that poor bike) lol and i rode it for two weeks,and thats all i wanted. all in all it got a new frame and have been ridin it ever since....and they kept in touch with me on a daily bases the whole time.
That's what I'm talking about. Customer service along with priority and good faith. I'd buy from them again.

Today at my dealersip I questioned where's my stock 50mm throttle body, since they charged me for a 58mm throttle body. They fessed up and told me that they decided to save me $450 in parts and labor, since all I would gain from the 58mm TB would be 3 HP.

So they took the $450 off my bill after I confronted them for the stock replaced parts. I have to stay on top of them otherwise mistakes will find their way into my wallet.

Quick Reply: Left stranded by brand new CVO