Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Left stranded by brand new CVO

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2011, 12:06 PM
SIDECAR BOB
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Luxer
subscrided and agree...that customer service is lacking. If this happened in my shop then my answer would be simple..."my apologies Mr. (name) but we are swamped right now but I promise I will get someone to at least diagnose this problem for you before the end of the day." Now here is the kicker...someone might actually have to stay a little late for a valued customer that has a 9 day old bike whose motor has failed! I know that must be a very far reaching concept to customer service but we can all dream...
think this is the winner, it wouldn't take a long time to check it out enough to know if it was a quick fix or major. get a loaner from them and a new engine.

Old 10-23-2011, 03:32 PM
cptdenny
Road Warrior
Veteran: Army
Received 60 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by GAZippoman
Wow. $50K. Wife and I have spent well over $50K on 2 Harleys in the past 2 years. And I was given free "priority service" for the first two years for both bikes as a perk. So I should ALWAYS go to the front of the line if I need service on either bike?

And a dealership should give priority to a NEW customer? Rather than customers which may have been loyal for several years? I call that plan arrogance.

If you're on the road and traveling you should go to the front of the line. otherwise, first come first serve. If you're not happy with it, cancel your check and tell them to take the lemon back. Otherwise, suck it up. Don't care what you bought or what you spent, I like it that money doesn't move you to the front at MOCO
The $50K mentioned was prior to this latest purchase. The tally is now $91K for the last 2 years.

As for priority, it's an industry standard. I get priority service when I bought a new Gold Wing, new Mercedes, a new BMW, a new Lexus and when I get one of our Rolex watches serviced. It's nothing new. Some HD dealership provide it as well. If you think for one minute that your dealership service dept won't let someone ahead of you after being greased with a $20 to $100 bill you're living in denial. Though I'm capable of playing rich-*****, I don't.

Ride safe.

Old 10-23-2011, 03:51 PM
kmayHD
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cant believe guys are still goin after ya, 9 day old TOP OF THE LINE model that HD makes, takes a ****. I woulda lost my mind. And btw if my bike was in for service, and I was told itd be 2 more days, because there was a more serious priority job, id be fine with that. But maybe thats because im not a purchaser of new bikes. Anyways you handled the situation quite well in my mind, but again the best of the best that the MoCo offers, they shouldve bent over backward for ya.

Old 10-23-2011, 03:59 PM
cptdenny
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by KennyMay
Cant believe guys are still goin after ya, 9 day old TOP OF THE LINE model that HD makes, takes a ****. I woulda lost my mind. And btw if my bike was in for service, and I was told itd be 2 more days, because there was a more serious priority job, id be fine with that. But maybe thats because im not a purchaser of new bikes. Anyways you handled the situation quite well in my mind, but again the best of the best that the MoCo offers, they shouldve bent over backward for ya.
Anyway I survived the ordeal and it's now behind me. I just got back from a pleasant 170 mile ride aboard my CVO. No issues, ran like a fine watch. This will continue building my confidence in HD once again.

As for those still after me. Let them vent, hopefully it'll make them feel better about themselves., and to the rest of us, some amusement.

Old 10-23-2011, 04:14 PM
V2Evo96
Road Warrior

Good to hear you got your ride back which appears much improved. I would consider that worth the wait you had to endure. Seems as if you have the virtue of patience which is a good thing in my book.
Enjoy your 'new' ride!

Old 10-23-2011, 07:03 PM
springer 03
Road Warrior

I still can't believe you bought such an ugly bike!

Old 10-23-2011, 10:17 PM
cptdenny
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by springer 03
I still can't believe you bought such an ugly bike!
LOL!

There's a red headed stepchild out there that someone loves, just ask Schu.

Sharks rule!

Last edited by cptdenny; 10-24-2011 at 08:24 AM.
Old 10-23-2011, 11:05 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member
Received 932 Likes on 574 Posts

If my Honda dealer put a GW ahead of my Rune, he would have been in for a beat down then and there.

Old 10-24-2011, 06:24 AM
Sandcrab
Stellar HDF Member
Received 392 Likes on 232 Posts
Default Mercedes

Originally Posted by cptdenny
As for priority, it's an industry standard. I get priority service when I bought a new .....Mercedes...... It's nothing new. Though I'm capable of playing rich-*****, I don't. Ride safe.
I found it hard to get priority service at my Mercedes dealership because so many of them were defective. I bought one new, and it was always in the shop being repaired. Got so mad at sitting in the waiting room lamenting with other MB owners over the poor quality, that I finally just drove it to the Lexus dealer and bought my LS430, and it keeps me out of the waiting room. I hope your CVO lives up to your expectations.

Old 10-24-2011, 08:22 AM
cptdenny
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by lh4x4
If my Honda dealer put a GW ahead of my Rune, he would have been in for a beat down then and there.
Rune's rule in Honda's world. Too bad they stopped building them.

Quick Reply: Left stranded by brand new CVO